Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

NBA 2001 + win 2k pro..probs for me :(

okay, i have installed it 5 times,formatted my computer (had to anyways) installed it rigth away, then took it out, then added sp1, and a bunch of over updates etc etc, then insatlled it again..and not'n, i double click the exe and it shows the quick splash scrren, then thas it frown i go into task manger to see if anything is runn'n but it's not :(, and yes, i copied the cracked exe over aswell smile (no this is not a bought game, but like many of ea's games i will by it if i like it, for they are teh only company that seems to knwo how to mkae sport's games!!!)

------------------

=========================

ICQ me!!!

========Specs========

o/s i use

win 2k pro/server/adv server, currently got adv server in laugh

ASUS P3V4X

VARIOUS O/C SETTINGS

PIII 533 @ 640 133fsb

PIII 533 @ 584 150fsb

384mb PC133

20gIBM 7200 rpm

40g MAxtor 7200rpm

Sound Blaster LIVE!!! Platinum

ATI All-In-Wonder 128 32mb 2x Agp

19'Samsung SyncMaster 950p

Logitech Wireless keyboard/Mouse

Creative 52x cdrom

Richo CD-R/RW MP7040a 4/4/32

Epson Stylus colour 760

Cable modem

and i networked with a MAC G3, now sharing printer/hardrives and internet.

WOW, aren't i special now laugh

AND iT ALL WORKS GRRRREAT!!!'

same here! bro

PIII 450 WIN2k TNT 2, i updated to Detonator 3 and even tried the lastest beta driver 7.17 and stilll doenst work. it promted that program error when i tried to run.

NEEED SOME HELP GUYS

Well,

I could try it for you guys if you could email me the download site. I have simply no interest in NBA, but would like to help you guys out.

ARC

Yes, can you say SUCK IT EA!!!!!!!

I can't believe that they still come out with games that don't work on Win2k. What a bunch of F*CKING MORONS. I'll bet the problems lies in the engine, in that they basically use the same engine and 99% of the code over and over again each year. And they're too F*CKING LAZY to make it work for win2k. THERES ABSOLUTELY NO F*CKING REASON why anything still have compatibility issues with win2k in 2001!!!!

Ya...can you tell I'm pissed off? At least I didn't f8cking buy the damn thing. For anyone that actually pays money for this pos, and find out that it doesn't work on win2k, they deserve some sympathy.

It's funny because NBA live 2000 works just fine. I would guess they are going to release a patch addressing this but it truely is a joke that it isn't compatible out of the box expecially with Windows XP on the horizon... The only games I have wanted but didn't buy because of compatibility problems were EASports games. They have lost my business many a time in the past year.

Well,

I finally had a chance to look @ it. Well, it doesn't work with QfixApps. It detects the debugger and asks for closing it.

I will try more and let you know.

ARC

thnx m8, see the anoy'n part is, is that fifa 2001 and madden 2001 both work fine for me under win 2k..so why not nba???

Has anyone used th autoupdate to see whether the new patch solves the win2k prob.

Hope it does.

"Another pleased win2k user"

Madden didn't work fine for me until they released a patch specifically to fix a Windows 2000 issue that whenever minimize Madden it would stop reponding. For some reason it would minimize on it's own and ofcource stop responding. The point of this story is they supported windows 2000 by releasing that patch so I wasn't worried at all about Live being compatible. But hopefully they'll do the same for live.

Hi,

I updated the game through live update and came up with some very interesting results...

The game starts up fine. Shows the EA Sports Animation. Show the NBA Copyright Screen. Then exits back to the desktop.

Tried QfixApps, but still same...

Anbody else got it work?

Feeback required...

ARRC

We all know how much EA Sucks now, I have always loved their series of NBA games untill now that I am reduced to changing my OS to play it.

I frown of EASPORTS.

Well i'm trying to work out whats happening during the update.

I click the autoupdate.

A box comes up..

verifying ..talking ..and then disappears.

Is that it? or was there suppose to be like a progress bar that goes for 10 or mores secs.

I get the feeling it didn't update.

Nothing much.

Except, I am seeing 5 threads for the same game and the feeback is scattered around.

It would be nice if you people could just make one thread for a single game and post everything in it.

ARC

So EA found a way to make it perfectly compatible with XP without being compatible on 2000? I also noticed in the games compatibility list that Triple play 2001 installs and runs fine on XP ofcource crashes upon start in 2000.... Why would they do that? Either that or Microsoft has really done a swell job in the compatibility department, making up for other companies ignorance.

MS has done an excellent job in the compatibility department. Hopefully these fixes will find their way to windows update for Win2k, but if not Windows XP or a patch from EA will be your best bet (or possibly qfixapp if it is updated with the required fix).

Please,

If you can, post the Compatibility Update. ACT.EXE. It is supposed to be in the XP beta CD.

I do not think, it would be an illegal action, since Microsoft is going to post the updated ACT.EXE after a month or so.

Thanks.

ARC

That file ACT.exe is the Application Compatibility Tookit. You can make programs and games think that they are working on 95/98 and they will work on 2000.

There is an updated ACT.EXE with the beta of XP.

Please post it for download.

ARC

I have finally gotten Live 2k1 to work properly on Windows XP Build 2428.. Thanks in part to this post on the nba-live forums page..

By kinkin (Kinkin) on Thursday, March 01, 2001 - 15:11: Edit

i did more tests on it, and now is all good wink

it works on my pc at least

what i have done is i had nbalive 2k installed before i installed nbalive 2k1

just FYI

installed paths are

C:gamesEA SPORTSNBA Live 2000

C:gamesEA SPORTSNBA Live 2001

that might not matter, but do install them using the same cd-rom (so that with same drive letter)

and enable auto-run on that cd-rom

ok, put in your nba2k cd and it will auto run

CLICK PLAY BUTTON on the auto-run menu

then SOMEHOW, it will load NBA2k1 instead !

(at least for me)

then it will load intro, and then pass the intro and load the menu, again, if you get dark graphics, you just have to lower the texture level, playing nba2k1 on win2k! (before you actually in the gameplay, you have to put your nba2k1 cd back! or it will freeze!!)

the above steps should work if you fully installed the nba2k1 files from the cd-rom, so it won't search for the nba2k1 cd when loading the starting menu)

other people might not need to do those to play it on win2k, but it seems this is ONE of the way that can load the game, under the most IMPOSSIBLE situation.

**Provided**: using the above video driver settings etc.

feel free to ask me if you don't know what i'm talking about, please confirm this method really works on all pc, too

GOOD LUCK

Initially his recommendations didn't work at all.. but I went to gamecopyworld and downloaded -fdxn2k1p.zip- replaced the exe file.. At that point once I launched I'd never get to the menu.. I'd never see the theme song at all. It would just crash back to the desktop. So i decided to run it in compatibility mode.. I selected Win98, launched it again and now it works great...

My results do differ from KinKin, I don't need to launch from the 2000 CD. I'm now becoming doubtful that 2000 is really needed at all. But I have played full games and the Textures and everything else are fine if not better then WinME. I hope u guys will be able to get yours working as well....

------------------------------------------

My Specs

ATI Radeon 32 DDR

Athlon 650MHZ

196 Megs of Ram

Maxtor 15GB Hardrive

Western Digital 4GB Hardrive

HP 9100 CD-RW

BDV DVD Rom Drive

Internal Zip Drive

External Jaz Drive