Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

UT Frame Rate Seems To Be Slow

Help!!!!

Since installing UT under WIN2K the frame rate feels like it is running slow. I get killed before I see the opposistion and I have a ping of 30.

Also the mouse seems to be not as sensitive, running a Boomslang 2000 on USB.

I tried the batch file that gives UT more CPU, this only slowed the mouse further. I will try the mouse installed on PS3, that should make a differnce. just wondered about the slow gameplay.

Any Ideas?

------------------

Bite Me!!!

Wow, I didnt know there were PS/3 ports on a computer now. You should be able to increase the speed of your mouse in one of the menus in UT. I dont remember which one, but I have a USB mouse and it runs just fine under UT. Also, try getting the latest good drivers for your card, unless your running a Voodoo 4 4500-the newest full drivers actually slow down the card. frown

Post your system specs so I have an idea what is going on. I like Quake so I can't complain smile But for UT you need a special opengl32.dll which uses the S3TC which will help your FPS greatly. But I can't go on anything without your system info.

------------------

Supermicro P6DBE Rev 3.1 Motherboard

Dual Intel Pentium III 850

512 MEGS of ECC RAM

Sound Blaster Live!

Adaptec 29160 SCSI Card

GeForce 2 GTS 64MB

IBM DMVS18N Ultra 160 Hard Drive

Seagate Cheetah X-15 ST318451LW Ultra 160 SCSI Hard Drive

Razer Boom Slang 2000 (USB)

Roland Sound Canvis SC-55

3COM 3CR990-TX-97 with 3XP Processor 10/100 PCI Network Interface Card

Plextor Plexwriter 12/4/32

Pioneer 10X DVD-ROM

Sony GDM-F500R Monitor

Yepper,

Run your UT in OpenGL with the patched OpenGL fix and it will run LOADS better. If you need the fix and it's instructions just email me and I'll send them to you.

We are getting there. The OpenGL idea seems to work, although I need to apply this patch. Thanks for the help so far.

------------------

Bite Me!!!