Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oozle

NBA LIVE 2001 and win2k? - Anyone got it working yet?

What's the progress with NBA2K1 and win2k? For me, when I click on nbawin.exe all I get is the NBA logo and then get booted back to windows. No error, nothing.

Since you can get NBA LIVE 2001 demo to run under win2k, can't you copy some of the demo files over into the full version? Also, since NHL 2001 and FIFA 2001 work, don't the NBA, NHL AND FIFA games have common files? Can't you copy say certain FIFA files into the NBA game to make it work?

Could someone please respond to the progress with this game under win2k? I really want to play it bad.

Nope.

There was some person (Tim) representing EASports on a message board at NBA-Live.com he said it worked on more then one Windows 2000 machine but conveniently forgot the systems specs. But I have yet to see a person or hear of a person that has gotten it working. So I kinda think he was blowin some smoke. Here is his message

http://www.nba-live.com/forum/messages/13856/13656.html?981778326

Another guy on the NLSC forum said he got it working but with slightly distorted graphics and he provided pics to prove it.

Since the demo works, and you try copying the demo nbawin.exe file into the full game directory the full game also works but with only the features of the demo.

So, the problem is occuring b/c of a coding problem in the .exe file of the full version. If only we knew how to crack the demo nbawin.exe to allow the full features of the game, then our win2k problem would be solved. How we do this, I have no idea. Any thoughts?

I don't really care anymore to be honest with ya. If EASports isn't going to make the small effort to make this game work in 2000 then I certainly aint going to make the effort to support them by buying their non windows 2000 compatible product. Besides I downloaded :-> and played it on 98 it isn't that good. I doubt I'd wanna play it even if it did work on 2000. It's definitly not worth the 3-4 month delay, it really must have been bug riddled to not have been released on time.