Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cypress

Cant get into console when pressing ~ in Half Life...im usin

I really want to access the ~ command/console in Half life. How do i access it? I got a 64mb geforce DDR using the latest drivers and im using the latest patch of half life...

thanks in advance

heh, this is an age old problem. It isnt your video card or any of your hardware. It is a flaw in Beta 7 and all the versions. make a shortcut to halflife on your desktop, then right click on it and goto PROPERTIES then at the end of the command line type in " -console " so that the line reads \halflife DIR \ hl.exe -console

that should fix it. if it doesnt post a reply there could be something else.

Good Luck , Sparkhard

yea man i trade that already. I thought it would worked too but unfortunately it didnt.

My problem with Half-life and Win2k, is that when I press ESC to get to the main menu, all I get is a black screen.

The computer doesn't crash, cause I can alt-tab out of it. The game plays fine, and the menu shows up fine when I start the game, but once I'm in, I cant seem to get out.

Thanks.

man your interupting me

i might as well solve your problem

Switch to OPEN GL video mode and it will solve your problem.

Now can you solve mine?

lol

To enable the console in Half-Life make a shortcut to C:\Half-Life\hl.exe -console

THE ABOVE DID NOT WORK FOR ME UNDER WINDOWS 2000 PRO

AND YOU ACCESS THE CONSOLE BY PRESSING THE ~ KEY RIGHT?

~

[This message has been edited by Cypress (edited 31 January 2001).]

HOLD ON I JUST TRIED IT...THE WORD CONSOLE IS ON TOP OF THE MENU...YOU JUST CLICK IT AND YOU GO TO THE CONSOLE

THANKS I THINK IT WORKED NOW

HEHE

When in the main menu you click the Console button. While in game you press the `/~ button.