Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

NHL 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by greatgonzo:
I saw the 2GBFreeSpaceEx thing and thought that it might work if I got my hard drive under 2 GB, it would work. Lo and behold, it worked fine. So if you can get your hard drive under 2 gigs, it might work. I don't know whether or not this will work for everyone else, but it's worth a shot.

What exactly do you mean? Free space less than 2 gb or total drive size or what?

Woohoo! Finally!

Run the update program for NHL 2001 to make the program goto v1.03. This new version seems to have FINALLY fixed the problem with NHL 2001 and Windows2K. Please let me know if this works for everyone else.

Hi,

I just installed the EA Update program but there is no shorcut in NHL folder to update it.

Please give me the commandline for that shortcut.

Thanks.

ARC

8) I'm running Win2K with SP1 & DX 8, and NHL 2001 runs great. I don't use appcompat or act. I don't get any 'VID' errors or 'hard disk full errors'. I must be lucky I guess, the game runs smooth.

"C:\Program Files\EACOM\Update\update.exe" -id NHL2001 -url "http://nhl2001.downloads.ea.com/games/EACom/NHL2001/NA" -dir "g:\NEWNHL~1" -cdpath "H:" -checkandupdate -indexrequired

That is the full path at least to the update program that I have installed on my computer. The paths and such to where you have it installed of course are going to be different.

The version (it will say when loading) that works with Win2K fine is v1.03

Thanks Peejay,

I am now going to try it.

Thanks a lot.

ARC

Hi!

How do you use the update feature and get to version 1.03 of nhl2001 peejay?

I dont understand how you did that...

All I did to get to v1.03 which works with Windows2000 now is I ran the update program from my Start Menu, it did the little update thingy and then I started the program and say the version had been updated.

Running the update utility is not giving you 1.03?

When I try to run a fully-updated version of NHL 2001, it gives me an error saying I need DirectX 7. I have 8.0a installed. I just wanna play the game!!!