NHL 2001

Hi,

System Spec:

PIII 450

128 RAM

Geforce 2 MX

VIA 2X AGP

Windows 2000

Everytime I try to run NHL 2001, it crashes back to the desktop while loading the game.

Similar sort of stuff with Fifa 2001 Demo.It loads and I can actually play but after a minute or so, it also crashes back to the desktop.

Please help me. I have got all the latest patches including MS/VIA patch.

Please help me.

Thanks

I personally think EA is purposly making games incompatible with Windows 2000. Either that or they have ****ty programers.

That is a new one by me it is working on my system though I am using a Voodoo3. I do not know of any issues other than possible DirectX issues that may be causing your problem. You want want to reinstall the DX7 drivers on your system and see if that makes a difference.

You wont like what happens even when it will start to work however. When you go to try and start a season it still (even after 2 patches) says "hard drive is full" and goes no further. I have emailed three times and have yet to get ANY sort of reply from them. I suggest going to www.ea.com and sending an email stating your case.

And the worsest thing is, DONT USE DIRECT X8, NHL is incompatible with directx8 and with Win2k... ;-)

Fifa 2001 is the same s h i t, but you can even play one game before the game crashes ;-)

my pc is almost the same system but i have a intel mother board and nhl 2001 work great with direct x8, using 6.34 geforce drivers. i also have service pack 1 installed too.

[This message has been edited by fireprey (edited 18 November 2000).]

I play Nhl 2000 and it works no problem

and with the new directx 8.0 when first

starting the game it would sometimes

display a graphics error but when I tried

it a 2nd time it worked great. What I do have problem with is blowmans Nhl2000 editor (suppose to work for win98) At first it displays an error but when I persist and press cancel or attempt to exit the editor then it works frown I e-mailed the author of the editor if he could provide a patch to work more smoothly for win2k but he didn't seem

to provide much feed back in his reply since

he is using win98 so I was wondering if

someone knows of a workaround to launch it

more smoothly. I haven't bought Nhl2001 yet

but I don't see how different it could be

from 2000.

Sharky

This game is irritating - are any of you guys actually managing to run seasons on Windows 2000?

Every time I try it gives me that error about Disk Drive Full. I have a 15g drive, I obviously have loads of free space.

Help!

Use QfixApp.

No problems. It is Win95 Emulation mode. That is the best way of running.

ARC

The game itself runs like a dream aside from the ole "hard drive is full" message which prevents it from being what it should be. I did notice an improvement in the game since I installed Direct X 8.0

However I am starting to get the feeling that our hopes of having the season error fixed are in vain. They are already likely at work on NHL 2002 in in order to get it out in the right amount of time.

Peejay,

Use Compatibility Toolkit.

I mentioned that above. Or there was a file mentioned somewhere in here that fixed that.

It is better to use compatibility tookit. It will run every single game except a few ones.

ARC

Where do I find Compatibility Toolkit? The file that was mentioned that is supposed to fix it only gives me an error and goes no further as it does for a lot of other people. I would love to try anything that would get the game to start working.

I found the program acompat in the support folder on the Windows 2000 disk which I think is what you were refeering to. However when I attempt to run the program it tells me that a debugger has been found and to unload it and try again.

I do not know of any on my system and have been looking to find any. Do you know what could be causing that and what to look for?

Hi Peejay,

I am not talking about Apcompat.exe. That one is for a very few number of apps. Wont runs games. Follow the link and download. Install it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/compatibility/

Then go in Start Menu. Run QFixApps. Browse to the game you want to run. Then in the lower box, choose "Win95verLie" Click Run.

Secondly, if you want to run it again and again, you dont have to do all this again. simply click advanced then click "create attribe file...".Make sure Browse has the file you need and "Win95VerLie" is selected.

When it tells you the file is created. Go to C:\Winnt\AppPatch\ and run the reg file of the game. That is it! You can run the game from anywhere.

Write in the form if you have any questions.

Same results when running that program. The game itself as far as every single aspect except running a season works without a hitch. Even with that program, creating the reg entry and such it still comes back with the "Hard Drive Is Full" error message.

It was a good hope.

Well Peejay,

Something is wrong then. I will try to find the exe that would make you save seasons...

Enjoy ACT with other games. You will be happy to see how many games would work.

In the meantime, I will try my best.

ARC

Thanks for the effort but alas I tried that one a long time ago. I have been reading on a few other sites regarding the game (www.nhl2001.com for example) that that patch only works with a few people. It gives me an error and then dies away not doing anything.

Just about the only hope now is to wait and see if EA will do anything about it but seeing as how they have ignored any emails sent regarding the topic I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally posted by peejay:
Thanks for the effort but alas I tried that one a long time ago. I have been reading on a few other sites regarding the game (www.nhl2001.com for example) that that patch only works with a few people. It gives me an error and then dies away not doing anything.

Just about the only hope now is to wait and see if EA will do anything about it but seeing as how they have ignored any emails sent regarding the topic I doubt it.

Peejay

I ahve the same trouble but I think there is a way around it . If someone would e-mail a new season file somewhere then we can download it and instead of starting a new season Load the season that was created we might be able to play after all what do you think ???? You can reach me at federico@fnol.net ...

Thanks

Chris Federico

I have heard now that there may, hense, may be another offical update to NHL 2001 but they are already in full mode of getting NHL 2002 done in time. The problem with this getting a game over every year is there is next to no time to test and fix the major bugs ahead of time.

I had the exakt same problem with seasons and the patch mentioned above worked fine for me. Can't tell why it doesn't work 4 u ?

Believe me I would love to know why it is not working for me either. I have tried the patch, the compatibility program. When/if Microsoft releases a December compatability update it may or may not contain something that may be of some help to us 2K users. I have no faith in EA doing anything to solve the problem.

Peejay,

I am in the same boat as you - The unofficial "fix" doesn't work for me either. I do have a dual boot though and I understand that if I create a season in Win Me, I should be able to play it in win2k, but obviously this is a "work around" that shoud not be nec***ary. However, I haven't given up up yet, maybe if we continue to yell and screen enough, ea will get their act together. Keep us posted with your findings.

I was able to get it to work perfectly, and I think I know how it will work on all computers.

I was getting the same "Error: Hard Drive Full" error and tried the unofficial patch & QFixApp. Neither worked. However, when using QFixApp, I saw the 2GBFreeSpaceEx thing and thought that it might work if I got my hard drive under 2 GB, it would work. Lo and behold, it worked fine. So if you can get your hard drive under 2 gigs, it might work. I don't know whether or not this will work for everyone else, but it's worth a shot.