Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

HL Console Text Color...How do you change?

How do you change the console text color in half-life, I was at a lan party tonight and noticed someone had changed there text color to blue.

I'm tired of the orange color of the text it blends to easy with some of the maps and makes it hard to see what people are saying.

Thanks,

Have a look in the directory of the mod that you play (for instance Half-life\TFC) and you'll a load of .txt files where the name of the file starts with the game resolution.

Open up the file that coreesponds to the res you use and you'll find all the text entries in there.

i think it is like: concolor "0" "0" "0"

type that in the console.

the "0" represent Values for RGB so for pure red it would be ( concolor 255 0 0 )

i am alomost positive that that is the right command. but i might be wrong , head over to planethalflife.net or www.counter-strike.net

the forums there should answer your question.

Good luck. Sparkhard

Ronin: did you happen to of attended the RDOG LAN Party? smile I was there too (remember the guy with one arm? That was me) and saw the guy with the blue console color.

The command is concolor "0 0 0"

first number is for the red, second for green, third is for blue.

Ya I remember you, I was there hanging out with Aeflux and a few others. I'm the guy who owns the cs server here in Atlanta.

E-mail me for the IP, or you can find it on gamespy or the half-life browser by the name Atlanta Counter-Strike Stats Server.

Thanks for the info on the con color.

Talk to ya later,

Yep I sure do have 1 arm. As Ronin said "I use it well", as I am very good in CS, Q3, UT, etc.