Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brenton

Sidewinder software 3.02

Hi there guys i had 2000 installed but i could not get the 3.02 Drivers to install!!

Has some installed these drivers and if so plz tell me how to do it..I am a newbie when it comes to drivers ..

Also when i was running Diablo 2 in 2k it was so laggie.. Any tips i like 2k very much nice lay out but untill i can work out these small problems i will stick with win 98 se.

My cpu is Cel 400, 128mg, Msi tnt2 m64 32 meg card

Cheers, Brenton....

Nice site btw smile

Update to the 6.34 Nvidia drivers and try Diablo 2 again in D3D. If still laggy play it in 2D.

The 3.02 software doesn't run under Windows 2000. You need the v4 software.

Unfortunately, Microsoft haven't made this available for download (it's only on CD if you buy a new SideWinder product).

If you browse the more seedy corners of the net, you might find it available somewhere.

Ok thxs Bursar I have only Just got the wheel

and it had the old Drives on the cd ggrrr

Oh well ill just have to wait or as u said go looking on the web..Cya in 6 mths hehe take me that long to find it wink

I just found out the other day that the 3.02 software will bomb if run within Win2K Pro. I actually went to the expense of a call to Microsoft and here is what the tech told me. At first he said that the 4.0 software would work on Win2K with my device ( a Sidewinder FF Pro, gameport interface ) but he couldn't give me a copy or let me download it for some reason and that it only came with new devices. He actually suggested that I find a friend who had it and install it from their CD. I was surprised at that suggestion! After I voiced my displeasure at this and asked for a manager he excused himself, and when he came back apologized and explained that he was incorrect and that the 4.0 software would not work with my device at all! He said that was the reason it was not available for download from the Microsoft web site. He said that it was not available because people like me would download it and screw up their systems. Does anybody know the truth to this claim? I expressed my displeasure at this revelation as well and asked him how the ( arguably ) best selling joystick in the world, manufactured by Microsoft themselves, could not be supported under their own flagship operating system. His response was that it was. I then corrected my wording to 'fully supported' and he then agreed with me. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? What can we do to encourage them to get this software released? The only thing I can suggest is to mail 'managers@microsoft.com' and voice our opinion. End of rant.

I had the same problem. Solution: Go into your Control Panel and Gaming Devices. Choose Add and select Microsoft Sidewinder and it will auto detect ur joystick and it actually works too.

yeah, it works poorly too...the most aweful performance. I had to remove the sidewinder in order restore functionality to my other games. The sidewinder drivers in win2k are aweful and you'll know it when you try them.I spend $60 on a ms sidewinder 3d pro and get no support from MS for win2k Thanks Bill. frown