Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EM

NFS5 Porsche Unleashed - I think I found the answer!

I have been dealing with this game for quite some time now. It always seemed to lockup and then crash to the desktop with an error about virtual memory. However, I tried something just by accident and it now runs fine. What I did was turn my graphic acceleration slider down from the top notch to the next to the top notch. It seems to run fine now. I hope this works for all of you that are having trouble with this game.

Ed

Great option except I already have 512meg. Should be plenty for any game out there.

Ed

That was the missing info wink ... I also had a problem like this ... well, I didn't even get into the main menu. Another solution might be not to change the W2K default setting for the amount of virtual memory. On my computer I have the following seetings: min: 192 MB, max: 384 MB. When I changed it (I think it was min: 400) NFS5 didn't work properly anymore. After using the W2K defaults everythig was fine ... I have 256 MB physical memory installed.

[ January 02, 2001: Message edited by: Operator ]

have you tried deleting gimme.dll? that fixed it in every case i've seen....

I Have noticed that the game works fine from a fresh boot, but if I play Baldur's gate II

and then play Porshe without rebooting I Get the dreaded Virtual memory error at about 830mb swap file even though my Pagefile is set to 384-512mb.

i have never once had a prob with this game, i got about 2g of VM allocted, and i played this back when i only had 128pc 133 :D, glad u all got it working now though smile

Keeping the minimum VM around 250meg worked for me. But crashes after long play. mine is p3 1.13 with 128meg SD RAM.