Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobbinbrisco

isn't Rollercoaster Tycoon supposed to work?

i checked the ntcompatible games list if RCT was supported on W2k all went well when i installed the game but when it came to play it a message popped up:

"Sorry, not supported on NT"

don't get me wrong but the list said it installed well and could run.

Uhh..the only version that is officially supported on 2k is the Loopy landscapes expansiion with the update patch.

every other version doesnt work....

--now inc

Try installing the Application Compatibility Toolkit. Then use QfixApp to fix it. That might fix the game. I'm not sure since I don't have the game.

Are all the Application Compatibility Updates and Service Packs installed. After doing this I didn't have any problems installing.

Yeah, Railroad Tycoon II used to work fine on my PC but somewhere down the line (no pun intended!) I didn't use it for a while.

Now when I try to run it I get the dreaded "Not Supported On NT" message.

???

Russell

The game installs just fine and so long as you play a new game it seems to work find as well. However when I try to load a saved game it just kicks me right back to the desktop.

Anyone else managed to load a game after they have started one?

I found the answer to the above question by doing a little digging. So if anyone else is having the problem of not being able to load a saved game in the game (without the loopy addon and what not) all you have to do is find the savegame in Explorer, double click on it and have it open with the program file.

Not the best of ways to get something going but it does work when you do that. I was a little afraid I wasnt going to be able to play the game... it's to addictive. :-)