Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Splat

SB Live 1024

Is it just me or are the SB live drives next to useless? Most games seem to crackle, spit and pop along and I dare not turn on EAX.....latest Creative drivers. Should I removce and replace with my old Diamond MX 200 A3D card?

AMD K6 III 450

TNT II Ultra 6.47 nVidia ref

256k RAM oh and whoever suggested 256k RAM severely understated the effect of doubling 128 to 256 on frame rates, unbelievable.

Hi, I have absolutely no problems with the live 1024 card and a live value on several installations of win2k as far as you describe. Perhaps it is your mobo, please give more info......

Chris

TMC T15VG+

Via chipset, 4 in 1 4.45a(1) drivers

On the UT notice board there is a reference to my problem under W2K and SB Live but I am not impressed with Creative at all, I moved to nVidea drives cos the Creative ones were so old and flawed. It also seems to me that W2K, stable as it is, is very sensitive to hardware combinations...?

Thanks for that but it made no difference apart from speeding up the old frame rate a tad so well worth it. Interestingly the distortion only occurs when translucent graphics (water etc) are on screen. It also sounds like RF interference....????

well the reason that hardware combonations are so bad in 2k is because driver support sucks. Most manufacturers still make their primary drivers 9x drivers and don't take the time to redo those drivers efficiently enough to make the hardware run right.