Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FakeMcCoy

Unable to start Tribes on Win2k.

I just picked up a copy of Tribes, and the ntcompatible list says it works. It installed ok, but when I try to launch it, it crashes back to the desktop with no explanation. I recently installed SP1. My Banshee works fine (if you call random little purple lines "fine"), and the Live! drivers are installed ok.

My system:

Abit KA7 w/ Athlon 650

160 Megs RAM

20, 11, and 4 gig hds (IDE, IDE, SCSI)

5x IDE dvd-rom, 6x4x16 scsi cdrw

Adaptec 2940U2W scsi card

Diamond Monster Fusion AGP

Sound Blaster Live!

D-Link 530TX NIC

3com Etherlink III

USB Logitech MouseMan+

I have no props out of Tribes. I play it all the time. I have a

466 Cel @ 525

Vodoo 3000 with base drivers

ISDN

Try and load up the newest patch for it version 1.11 I think is the lastest. after that it should work fine

I'm having the same problem, also with a voodoo banshee. I have all the latest patchs as well. anyone know what the problem is?

hey I got it to work. Don't know why this is, but if you get the wickedgl drivers from www.wicked3d.com, and stick the opengl32.dll in the tribes directory, it will work. Who knows why. My guess is 3dfx changed the name of the opengl dll, and tribes now can't find it. Anyway, check it out...

I just got Tribes today. Installed and updated it. Go to play and nothing. It won't run the .exe.

The game compat area mentions a win2k patch for tribes on sierra's ftp, but I went there and there is no patch dir.

I'm using a GeForce DDR (6800 deluxe) and 6.31 drivers with DX8. does anyone know how I can get the game running, or where a working patch can be found?

Thanks.

Tribes is working, but it depends on what you run it on.

It runs fine on a win2000 pro client, but will not even think about starting on my advanced server domain controllers. Go figure. The servers have better hardware and more ram than the client.

I wonder if I setup a share on the client, if that will allow the server to run it. Reverse networking.......lol.