Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fuzion98

Mechwarrior 4..

Mechwarrior 4 installs fine and then when I run it, it opens up then it goes black then goes back to the desktop or it goes into window mode and sits. I dont hear anything or see anything. My system:

Directx 8 (needed for mech4)

6.47 drivers

Geforce DDR

Win2k SP1

p3 733

256mb ram

well it worked fine for me im running:

DX8

6.47 drivers

Geforce2 MX

Wint2k sp1

2 PII's @300

196 MB ram

when the configuration box comes up what GFX selections did you make?

*gasp*

How did you guys get Mechwarrior 4?!?!?

I swear it's not in any store I've been to. :P

oops my bad

just called up EB and they have it in stock now smile

looks like I'll have to pick it up tomorrow morning

Uhh I've had Mech 4 for a while

Fusion98; EXACT same thing happened to me;

I dont know HOW I fixed it, but make sure to insert Disc 2 (NOT DISC 1) and DISABLE your internet connection if it's a "pre-release" copy. hehe (big brother is watching)

Otherwise, my only other recommendation is update all your software.

-sev

wow

you guys are good. How have you had Mech4 "for a while"??

I thought it was only in stores a most two days ago. And why do you refer to the 'pre-release'??

god..doesn't he get it....i'll explain..

They got the RTM Copy, not the retail copy, they probably downloaded it 2 or 3 months before it was in stores.

I still don't get it

It's not so trivial when you DON'T know what's happening at all. "god"

What's RTM?

And I detect some sarcasm from STi Sev when he said, "'pre-release' copy. hehe (big brother is watching)"

I belive that means they stole it, but I could be wrong. No other way to get it before the release unless maybe they had a beta test, or a reviewer thingy.

I'm having the exact same problem. It runs fine under Win98se, but under W2k, the screen goes black & no sound.

I have DX8 and 6.47 installed.

=============================================

T-bird 1000/1155mhz

Abit KT7-Raid

2x128MB PC-133(3x128MB is unstable!)

CLAP2-32mb

W2k/Win98se

[This message has been edited by mrsense (edited 25 November 2000).]

hmm i dont see any similarities with our system cept the 2 128's .. maybe its something with them? might be =[ i'll try taking one and testing in a bit and i'll report what happens

Quote:
Originally posted by jdulmage:
god..doesn't he get it....i'll explain..

They got the RTM Copy, not the retail copy, they probably downloaded it 2 or 3 months before it was in stores.

wow, you dont get it at all. pirated copies come out at the most a week before official release ( www.isonews.com ), 2 or 3 months what are you friggin crazy they wouldnt just hold the game for that long. The only way they would get it that early is if it is a beta

uhh haute,

I've had the RELEASE copy for about 2-3 weeks; however, don't get me wrong guys. I like the game so much I'm gonna go out and buy it. Pir8ing is all about evaluation, not stealing.

Quote:
Originally posted by STi Sev:
uhh haute,
I've had the RELEASE copy for about 2-3 weeks; however, don't get me wrong guys. I like the game so much I'm gonna go out and buy it. Pir8ing is all about evaluation, not stealing.

where the hell did you get it from, cause the pir8te version was realease 11/18/2000 . I find it hard to belive you get the final version from a pir8te site/ftp, unless you get the final from a tester that uploaded it somwhere witch would mean its not the storefront retail version

wow

That isonews.com place is really cool.

How do I get these isos??

I have a burner and I didn't know I've been sitting on gold all this time. =D

I also had the same problem. With drivers 6.47 I got no sound and VERY jumpy video or no video at all.... with 6.34 it worked fine except it would lock up every 15 minutes or so. I just run it in 98 now with 6.47 and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by haute:
where the hell did you get it from, cause the pir8te version was realease 11/18/2000 . I find it hard to belive you get the final version from a pir8te site/ftp, unless you get the final from a tester that uploaded it somwhere witch would mean its not the storefront retail version

That's what they SAY, but internal distribution starts waaaay earlier than that. I got it from a temporary ftp my friend setup; however, I bought the game, since I like it so much. Remember pir8ting is NOT for stealing, it's for evaluation ( ;( )