Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marlboro

QUESTION-Please answer

Here`s whats happening: I am playing game, it`s running great, but suddenly my computer restarts. I have RESTART COMPUTER ON ERROR or something like taht DISABLED. But computer still restarts. WHY? It`s driving me nuts!!!

I had the exact same problem when I upgraded my memory to pc133. I was only clocking it at 112 but after 5 minutes of halflife online the computer would restart. Check your bios memory settings specifically the dram page mode and the cas settings. Set everything to the slowest possible speed and see what happens, if its stable work from there until you find the culprit....

That`s it! I`m going back to Windows milleniun or windows 98. I didnt buy GeForce2 GTS for kicking me out of games!!! (before i had win98 and all worked great)

Well that's just a great fix isn't it?

Your having computer issues so you downgrade it to fix it.

We have already had one thread like this over in the applications forum.

Fine, go back to the inferior OS - I think your one of the people who aren't quite ready for an OS based on WinNT (One of the people who have forced MS's stance of Win2k=Business Only)

Yeah, so? All i want is that my games run normaly...i dont care if that is win 2000 or win 98 or windows 45 Hitler, windows whistler...

Why don't you do what Spaceman suggested first, and post your system specs.

That way GayRunner and I will have something to work with. laughlaughlaugh

Sincerely,

DeadPUSSYCats

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 26 November 2000).]

Did anyone else see this one coming? He seemed to follow the same path that our other friends have of posting vague error descriptions, no system specs, and no extra information, then getting mad when no one responds with a fix within an hour. I personally say good riddance! If he's that impatient, let him run winME or whatever else he wants to.

yeah i think he should get a nintendo since it seems PCs are too complicated.

THATS IT this playstation is too complicated, i can't put in a CD and press power. Im going back to Nintendo, all my nintendo games worked on that!!!

Next time you want a question answered post your system specs and driver revisions. Maybe checking the error log would help too.