Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DremNeonBlack

Anyone tried dx8final + 7.17?

WEll, I tried the 7.17 drivers before I upgraded to DX8 and they were slower than your grandmother! They may require DX8 to be installed, but I'm gonna wait till the 7.* series has had a little more time to mature.

Anyone else got any info?

7.17 + DX8 = BAD idea.

Games lock up, constant crashes. The only thing that didn't cause a problem was normal 2D desktop usage.

6.47 seems to have fixed the problem.

[This message has been edited by DFB (edited 11 November 2000).]

I can't install DirectX on whistler.

The setup start and just says that DirectX is installed but when i go in DXDIAG, the build is old.. not 400

actually i just checked my versions and they are 2296 builds of the drivers. Oh well still runs fine and better than 2k. Long live whistler!!!!

I'm using DX8 and 7.17 and I noticed no problems but no difference over my 6.18 really. Except that I lost that cool nVidia tab in my display properties frown

dx8 and 7.17 don't work in direct 3D - Mode and also too bad OPEN-GL. Many new Games like NHL 2001, Sydney 2000 or Counterstrike 1.0 will not work, because they can't detect this drivers... With 6.47 no problem with OPEN-GL but Direct 3D did again not work...

Great Sh$$

i think dx8 doesn't like baulder's gate 2.

anyone know how to remove it and go back to dx7 without reinstalling win2k?

Dx8 and 7.17 = fine here. Ran it on millennium, 2000 and whistler. And B's Gate 2 runs fine with Dx8..

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 19 November 2000).]

yeah i'm still using dx8, just with the 6.18's which i don't notice any real speed difference.

just an off topic question:

so if i notice my fps in like q3 and cs are like pegged at a number, thats because that vertical sync is in the way and i should disable it?

yeah rollback has saved my ass a few times. Great feature. For those of you who don't know in whistler you can "rollback" to the driver you had on there before. Which is nice when dealing with PITA drivers like the 7.17 drivers can be.

So when you go to install a driver, you get the option to Reinstall, Update, and Rollback? It sounds cool enough. It keeps track of all the files and God-awful reg entries the last set made?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

The 7.10 drivers have been running just fine on my W2K system for the past week. They seem the most stable, the 7.16 caused the same problems that 7.17 did for me.

The best combination is the following:

DirectX 8 + Nvidia 6.31 Det. 3 drivers w/ Hardware Overclock Patch (available somewhere smile )

Are you talking about the "Coolbits" reg key? I can post the file (in text form for your copy and paste pleasure) if needed. Oh, and I would have to agree, 6.31, DX8, W2K, and my GeForce seem quite happy together.

------------------

Regards,

clutch