Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Tiger Woods 2001

I am trying to install Tiger Woods 2001 but the setup says "TW2001 doesnt support Winnt".

Try QAppFix but no luck..

Any way to get around it.

ARC

OMG I can't beleive it! IS EA awaire that once whistler is released the games they released this year will no longer work for the latest CONSUMER operating system? Everyone is making an attempt to support windows 2000 except for EA it's making me sick that such a big PC gaming company will not support the latest and greatest version of Windows. Besides Links LS 2001 is better.

[This message has been edited by JBrave715 (edited 18 November 2000).]

out of about 4 EA(Fifa2001 Madden2001 Superbikes2001 Nhl2001) games i have 1 works (nhl2001) it almost seems as if the put an effort into not supporting windows 2000

it almost seems as if the put an effort into not supporting windows 2000>>

That's exactly what it seems if you go back to last year before Win 2000 was released, triple play 2000 works fine, Madden 2000 works fine NBA live 2000 works fine, nhl 200 works fine, nascar 2000 worked fine. Then you go to games released after win 2000 was released TP 2001 don't even start, Tiger woods 2000 don't even start (TW 99 worked fine), Tiger woods 2001 won't even let you install it on windows 2k evidently, Madden 2001 starts but randomly minimizes during Gameplay and stops responding when you try to unminimize it, it's yet to be seen what NBA live 2k1 and nascar 2001 does. I say shame on EASports.

Guys,

This is not the problem. All those games including TP2001... would work perfectly fine. But there is some problem with the coding of Superbikes and Tiger Woods. The ContextHandle method is not found in Kernel of Win2k. Maybe Microsoft will make that available through ACT. Fifa 2001, and all thos games can be played using emulation mode. You can use ACT(from Microsoft) to do that.

Thanks

ARC

All those games including TP2001... would work perfectly fine. >>

Ya they would work fine if EASports made it so it would work fine.

But there is some problem with the coding of Superbikes and Tiger Woods. >>

Theres Nothing getting by you.

The ContextHandle method is not found in Kernel of Win2k. Maybe Microsoft will make that available through ACT. Fifa 2001, and all thos games can be played using emulation mode. You can use ACT(from Microsoft) to do that.>>

What is the point of this post? EASports not making their games win2k compatible IS a problem for many people and emulating windows 95 is not going to work with every game. In fact I've yet to see emulation work. And don't be fooled, games that aren't compatible with windows 2000 are very poorly coded but can usually be fixed with a simple patch.

Well,

You can check, most of the games would work perfectly.

ARC

EA Sports...even when they say on the box that the game works in Win2k (FA Prem League Mgr 2001) then its sketchy at best , repeated crashes so on so forth.I for one wont partake in buying anything else from these guys until they wake up and smell the coffee ,I can understand it when a game is not specified for Win2k , but this is just a joke.

Most games already work perfectly Miku. Every non EASports game I've owned or "tried" since getting windows 2000 has worked and been fully playable, that's 20 games. I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say are you trying to defend EASports? They are after all the only big time developer that won't make their games compatible with Windows 2000.

All I am trying to say is that EA is the winner in this compatibility drama. Why is Microsoft providing support and patches for existing games with ACT and all other stuff. Why are they implementing Emulation Mode in Whistler? It seems that they have to change their OS to meet EA's gaming demands. Well that is what my point is. EA is not going to support Windows 2000 ever.However Microsoft will try provide patches for windows to fix these gaming problems...

ARC

All I am trying to say is that EA is the winner in this compatibility drama. >>

How so? I thought there goal is money if they don't make Windows 2000 compatible games like everyone else I don't give them my money.

Why is Microsoft providing support and patches for existing games with ACT and all other stuff.>>

The ACT doesn't work very often the only time it has helped me was to install Need for speed High stakes other then that is hasn't worked at all. ACT was not made to make windows 98 games compatible with windows 2000.

Why are they implementing Emulation Mode in Whistler?>>

Same thing with that I tried loading madden 2001 up with that and all I got back was an error. I think is what you're implying is that it's up to microsoft to make their OS's compatible with existing games, applications and future games and applications. But that is hardly the truth. It's up to the developers in most cases a simple patch can make a game that won't even start in windows 2000 work perfectly as in the case with high heat 2001.

It seems that they have to change their OS to meet EA's gaming demands.>>

By this logic we'd still be back in DOS. How many games were compatible with the first windows before it was released? NONE, developers had to support it and they did. As developers are supporting windows 2000 except EASports.

Well that is what my point is.>>

I still don't see your "point".

Unless that point is that you like to start silly arguments in message boards.

EA is not going to support Windows 2000 ever.>>

That is where you're wrong and shows your lack of informaty. They will have to (unless they want to lose alot of money) support the windows NT kernal next year when Windows 2001 personal is released, hence they will be supporting windows 2000 at the same time. They have already released a patch for madden 2001 that fixes a big issue with windows 2000. Funny they release a patch for an operating system they don't "support".

However Microsoft will try provide patches for windows to fix these gaming problems...>>

They don't provide patches, the closest thing to that is the compatibility updates which isn't the same thing. They are only provided to select games that are already partialy compatibly they just need to be helped along. I don't expect old games released before windows 2000 to be compatible but I do expect new games to be compatible and that has been the case except with easports games. It's amazing with whistler right around the corner they aren't making todays games compatible.