Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Fifa 2001

Hi,

I have a PIII 450 w/ Geforce 2 MX /Via Chipset. Everything is up to date.

Fifa 2001 crashes back to the desktop, as soon as it starts to load. Please help.

ARC

Well Sir,

If it does, tell me your configuration.

I would like to know.

Thanks.

I heard that you need 6.xx driver to play fifa 2001 under W2K.

I have creative GEforce 2 and using their 5.xx driver, I'll also crash back to windows after 1 game. Very nice game btw, much much better than previous ones imho.

Had the same problem as you but last night I got it fixed. What you have to do is right-click the My Computer icon and go to properties. Go to hardware tab and then go to Device Manager. Expand the display adapter and uninstall your card. Windows will restart in VGA mode. Open up the display properties box and go to settings tab and click on advanced. Click the monitor tab and you should now be able to hit the properties button for the monitor on that page. Follow the prompts for letting Windows display the best driver and you should be able to pick from 2 options - default monitor and plug & play monitor. You need to select the plug & play monitor. When it is finished loading the drivers it should take you back to the monitor tab on the display properties box. Go back to the settings tab and then change your screen resolution to whatever it was before. Your computer should reset to the options that were on your graphics card before you uninstalled it. You can then either close the window or restart the computer. The game should work now.

Well I tried that but it doesn't work.

When I uninstall my adpater and restart. Then I go to Display Properties > Advanced >Monitor Tab>...

I cannot clickon properties. It is grayed out.

Then it asks me that is has detected Geforce 2 MX. I install the drivers and then I can choose Plug & Play.

Well I restarted but it doesn't work .

Any more suggestions.

ARC

Trust me...that's the problem. It's the same in WinMe. Somehow you have to change the monitor to Plug & Play or it's own driver. That's how I did it on Win2k. You must be doing something wrong.

Well,

I also loaded up Philips Drivers for my monitors but no change. Same problem. But one thing is also sure, it is not a problem with Geforce Drivers since, it doesn't work software mode too.

ARC

Try running the game updater, I hear it resolves some of these issues.

Using 6.34 and DX 8 same problem in W2K, I can play one game but have to save after the game for the next game will crash to windows. no idea, sorry can't offer any help.

I've got just the same problem.

Config: GeForce DDR with 6.31 and DX8 (also tried with DX7).

One game and then returns to desktop frown

Damn

After a clean installation of Win2000 (the **** went down with a kernel error - couldn't boot)) the game suddenly works!

Driver: 6.31

DirectX: 7

Yahoo!!!

\Mandal

Good for you Mandal. But I got it running using compatiblitiy toolkit anyway.

ARC