Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mugen C

Problem w/h Midtown Madness

Don't know if anyone experiencing the same problem..I am able to install and launch Midtown Madness on my W2K Server without any problems..but once I started a new race...The graphics and building textures inside the game started to distorted.

I don't have this problem on either MM2 or NFS:HS. I guess shouldn't be related to the refresh rate...can anyone help??

P.S. Same problem with my W98 box

Some related spec. are as followed:

ASUS V7100 Nvidia GeForce 2MX 32Mb w/h v6.18 driver

PII450 w/h 256MB RAM

W2K Server w/h SP1

Thanks!

Mugen C

------------------

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

try getting DX8 and up[censored] those drivers to either 6.47 or jump to 7.17 (those are the DX8 drivers I guess)..

Thanks JD...I forgot to mention in my first post. On my W98 box, I had already applied DX8, same problem.

Initially, I thought it was DX8 causing the problem. That's why I tried it on my W2k box without using DX8...same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!

regards

Mugen C

I had problems with the graphics engine in the original version of MM. They seem to have fixed most of the issues in MM2.

I found in MM with win2k and Nvidia chipsets only certain driver versions performed well and most others just plain sucked to be honest. I also found better compatibility with the ATI 128 chipset than NVidia.

You might just want to give up on playing it, because if you find a driver version that works with MM (and it will probably be a quite old version) that most of your other games will not work well or not even run at all.

Then again you might get lucky and find a good fit for all your games. If you really have to play MM, start with the earliest GF2 driver versions and work your way up until all your games are happy.