Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SnowHawk

EAX doesn't work?

The only game I know for sure where EAX works is in Halflife..

If you try it in UT you will get bad crackling sounds.

And Other games Usually screw up with it on..

PLUS I always get error logs about Sound being screwed up...

I have a SBLive! X-gamer

with Dual Celeron 550

I use the lastest Live drivers. for win2k

Well unknown to most people, dont remeber how i found this out myself...but the LW 3 drivers for 2k really don't have that good of EAX support if any.

Its most likely the fact that you are running SMP, it's a big problem with creative sblive drivers at the mo... read more about it in the sblive newsgroup

Quote:
Originally posted by ThC 129:
Well unknown to most people, dont remeber how i found this out myself...but the LW 3 drivers for 2k really don't have that good of EAX support if any.

I agree, i dont really notice the EAX much at in games under w2k

If you don't notice EAX then obviously you haven't tried Unreal Tournament wink

Seriously though, EAX is severely broken under Win2K; either it's barely noticable or it sounds like the developers really, really like reverb. smile

Plus a lot of users (myself included) have problems with IRQ sharing -- the SB Live! is supposed to be PCI 2.1 compliant (i.e. it supports IRQ sharing) but enabling EAX with the SB Live! sharing IRQs either kills performance or causes BSODs. Creative is kind of dodgy about acknowledging that there's problems with EAX in Win2K, and their attitude seems to be that it works for most people, and if you shouldn't be using Win2K for games anyhow.

Personally I'm giving Creative until Live!Ware 4 to fix the problems. If they don't fix it by then, I'm asking for a refund.