Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JP

OpenGL Drivers... where to find?

AvP, Quake 3 and Soldier of Fortune Demo all don't work on my computer because I don't have OpenGL Drivers with WIn2k Professional... anyone have any ideas how to get these drivers/install them???

Diamond Viper 770 BUt I went to the site and checked up on it, they have NT drivers which **** my comp and Win9x drivers which install but dont seem to install OG... any idea where I can find independant OG Drivers or something like that?

Gee hadnt done that you smart guy..

Either way Nvidia released TNT2 Drivers that are working with my card now, thanks Nvidia, Diamond, **** you guys, your useless, You cant even release working drivers

I've been having the exact same problems. Using win2k profession, and can't get opengl to work. Any ideas. I have CL tnt2 ultra

Microsoft conviently forgot to include alot the OGL functiions in 9x in 2000, i recommend teh detonator 3 v6.34 drivers on the nvidia web site they seem to work the best.

I'm having the same problem only I have got an ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP 2x. I'm not very familiar with the graphics end of it all, but would seriously enjoy having the capability to play Quake @ work. Are there any OpenGL downloads out there that will support this card on Win2k Pro? Oh, and yes, I've searched. Searched and searched.

Thx

nicotime,

Ati has posted a beta Win2k driver that supports OpenGL for the Rage Pro. You can get it from their website under the special-purpose non-retail drivers section.

www.ati.com

Did you try to put an opengl32.dll in your game directory?

Try to copy your *ogl*.dll to the game's directory and rename it.

SOF demo won't work regardless if u had the drivers to run it. i have a MAtrox Millenium G400 with the latest open gl drivers and still had an open gl error even though i could run quake3 arena- it's win2k but the full version of SOF would work. but for other games i reccomend downloading the drivers from nividia

------------------

2 Computers (networked)both have :

Intel SE440BX2

Pentium III 700Mhz (100)

LS-120 120 Mb (100MHz)

Fujitsu 17.3 GB Ultra DMA 66/10.2 GB Ultra DMA 66

Mitsubihi 50X IDE

Creative Vibra PCI 128bit

Matrox Millenium G400 16Mb AGP/Diamond Viper V770 Ultra 32MB AGP

Bay Netgear 10/100PCI

Medium ATX Tower case

120W Multimedia

MS Internet KB (PS2)

MS Win2000 Pro

I am having the same problem on one of my systems. I am running Win2K Pro on all three of my systems. I am trying to run SOF on 2 of my systems, The system that I had built myself with a MSI K7T Pro, 1Gig TBird, Asus V6600 DeLuxe GeForce is able to run SOF with no problems at all, It actually runs GREAT. I also have a newer Compaq 5888 with a 700Mhz Athlon Classic, and a 3DFX VooDoo3 1000. I cannot get SOF to run on this system due to no Open GL Drivers for Win2K. I have treid the drivers from the 3DFX site, but they do not work. Does anyone else a similar problem with a Compaq, 3DFX VooDoo3 1000, and Win2K? I need some Open GL Win2K drivers for my Compaq system. Can anyone help me out? I will soon be upgrading my Video card in my other system and be putting the Asus GeForce V6600 into the Compaq, but until then , are there any fixes? All help is greatly appreciated.

------------------

MSI K7T Pro,1000 Mhz TBird,Adapt29160

2- Cheatah 18XL,256mb MicronPC133,Asus V6600Deluxe, Plex 12/4/32,Plex 40X UltraPlexWide,Pioneer16X DVD,Zip250,Holly+,SB Live Plat,Win TV-D,FullTower w/9 fans & 2HD coolers.