Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

Redneck Rampage

Hey, ofelas! Fancy meeting you here!

Sorry, I know NOTHING about Redneck Rampage. I tried looking it up hereabouts but couldn't find it.

Who would think of a sophisticated Southern urbanite like yourself playing a game with such a name! smile

CUL8R,

Jim

If you can call Lumpkin County in the North Georgia mountains a sophisticated urbanite's lair....besides, you should check out my interests under my profile..hey, JPW, HOW does one uninstall (cleanly) all ATI drivers/references in order to install the one I want again ?!

Regards...

[This message has been edited by ofelas (edited 22 October 2000).]

Yes you can play it but you can go no higher than 320X200 and you will have no sound. You can not get a higher resolution because it requires VESA.

Hi again, ofelas!

Look up a Georgia mountain boy's interests? Yikes? What a thought! wink

As far as uninstalling all drivers and references installed by an ATI driver installation -- oh my word! For one thing, they never seem to run the installation procedure the same amongst the different versions I've seen -- but my thoughts on that may be skewed by having bumped around between the Dell, RageLTMan and ATI sites.

I have been in the habit of using a nifty little PC Mag utility called InCtrl4. It records everything that an installation utility does to the file complement, INI files and registry so that you can reverse everything manually if necessary. Unfortunately, I just clean re-installed this notebook without using the utility because I already had everything worked out and proved. (I wanted to increase my cluster size from 512 bytes to 4096 bytes. Remember, I'm new to NT and W2K so just learning about how to optimize performance.)

So, I don't even have a vague guide as to what exact steps to take to kill off the ATI driver install. Do you have a problematic video driver installation?

Regards,

Jim, going off with trepidation to look at profiles

Usual ATI/Mikersoft stuff; double entries in the Control Panel's Add/Remove etc.-more annoying to a beholder of beauty than anything else..will check out the utility, though anything that messes with System File Protection scares my God-fearin' soul.....

Hey, DosFreak, I have no idea how to install the game-I've no clue how to run a DOS window/box; I give away my youth and inexperience here.....