Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zoinksscoob

Problem with NFS: Porche after upgrade

I am running Win2000 (release) for a while now, with no problems. I ran NFS: Porche with no problems whatsoever. Recently, I upgraded from a TNT 1 based card (Viper 550) to a Geforce 2 GTS one (Anihilator 2). I also added 256 MB RAM for a total of 512 MB. Rest of system is fairly simple, standard stuff - P2 450, ASUS P2BLS MB, SB LIVE sound card, latest drivers on most stuff (Detonator 3 for Geforce). All of the rest of my games love the new hardware, but NFS:Porche gets through only the splash screen and the intro movie before going to a black screen and becoming unresponsive. It's still doing something - HD lights up - and I can alt-tab away from the application and kill it. But it never gets to any part of the game where I can interact with it (choose race, etc). Just hangs. Any ideas?

Damn...same thing here except it worked great prior to installing SP1. At the splash screen my hard drive goes into overdrive but nothing happens. I tried maunally patching it with no luck.

Same old, Same old.

It will still work after SP1 (I used SP1 and then ended up re-installing - what a rip).

Just make sure you delete "gimme.dll" and you will also have to go to http://www.gamecopyworld.com and download the no-cd .exe for the latest game version.

Then you will still need to run the EA game updater to get online, and then you have to do the above all over again to play on the servers.

I think I have the answer. Had the same problem myself and found the answer on: http://www.ntcompatible.com/n.htm

The way message 5) system #4 solved his problem worked for me to.

Your problem is probably not the new graphics card - but the increased RAM

You should decrease the initial paging file size in Windows.

My system with 256 Mb RAM only worked after decreasing the file size to 256-500 Mb.

Try it.

P.S. I also tried deleting "gimme.dll" - did'nt work.