Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
verruckt

I need help with unreal/unreal tourney and win2k...

I am running Win2k on a p3 933, soyo sy-6vca (via133a chipset) w/4in1 4.24, sblive platinum w/liveware 3, and a leadtek geforce ddr w/ detonator3 6.18. UT is patched to 4.28, Unreal is patched to 2.26final.

UT runs beautifully on this setup at1024x768 with 16bit color. But it crashes randomly. Very randomly - no set time, no set action, no matter WHAT settings I change.

I have done everything I read about for improving stability (including turning off use directsound). Nothing works. The game is very prone to locking up completely. And the only way out is to reboot (once it locks up).

Needless to say, this is very annoying. Unreal does exactly the same thing. I am running both of them using D3D accelaration. Using OpenGL accelaration causes the game to crash back to windows right after loading with no error message.

I do not have servicepack1 or dx8 beta installed.

Any suggestions?

...thanks

------------------

...verruckt

http://www.verruckt.f2s.com

I have had a lot of problems getting Win2k to run my games too. The fix seems to be installing SP1. Sorry but that is the sad thruth! 81 mb download ;-(

I have been using software rendering, and it still looks sweet, and never locks up.

DOS, have you heard anything specific about P3s and via? Cuz I run it, and it's great.

[edit]

Woo Hoo! This is my first post as a Senior Member! It only took 47 posts!

[/edit]

------------------

- brian@infinitejones.com

Code:
==================             ===================Home built system:             Also, just for fun:Soyo SY-7VCA                   AST Bravo LC 4/66d[VIA T82C694X]                 Intel 486/66MHz CPU[onboard sound]                40MB RAM [2x16, 2x4]PIII 500E [flip chip]          500 MB Conner HddPNY 128MB PC100 RAM            3 1/2, 5 1/4, 2x CDStealth III S540               3com Etherlink II3com Etherlink III             Adaptec AHA-1545 SCSIQuantum Fireball 10.3GB Hdd    [to host some files on:]HP A4331D 20" Monitor          1.3GB internal SeagateWin2K Pro [v5.00.2195, SP-1]   2 2GB external Seagates[format => clean install]      Windows 95 [v4.00.1111]Norton AntiVirus 2000          pcAnywhere 9.2Covad 768kbps sDSL [shared]    [so I can leave it in the closet]

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 22 August 2000).]