Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobbinbrisco

Soldier Of Fortune

I installed the game demo but when i try to run it on win2000pro the game restarts the computer or says can't find open gl.

i can play quake3 arena which uses opengl which means SOF should be able to run.

matrox mellenium g400 16mb with latest drivers for win2000

Im getting the same thing dude, what are some of your system specs ? Im running a TNT2u with BX board, P3, and drivers 6.18 from nvidia on win2k.

Wanted to mention one more thing. I am running a dual monitor system. Secondary video card is an ATI Rage 128. If I disable the second monitor/video card the game runs without a hitch. With the secondary desktop enabled SOF will give me an error stating it cannot initialize GL engine. Anyone got any idea on how to run the game with the monitors both on ? I know it was working on a previous install on this setup. I tried reverting back to previous update of SOF also with the same results.

The only way I found to run SoF on win2k was to run the game through a Power User account. Just create one under users, make a shortcut to the game and change the properties of the shortcut to allow you to 'run as different user.' That fixed my problems with a couple of games actually.

The first patch for SoF (1.4 I think) fixed the problem with SoF working under Admin accounts.

In the case of it not finding OpenGL, I seem to recall reading sometime ago that people using two videocards for dual monitors, OpenGL gets disabled, don't ask me why, although Microsoft confirmed it too.

Hope that helps.

evil Homer