Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jjaaskel

Problems with Counter-Strike after SP1

I just installed SP1 to my win2k, after that when I try to play CS I have this error:

WARNING: UDP_opensocket: socket: NO

ERRORNET ports: server 27015, client 27005

could not get TCP/IP address, TCP/IP disabled

reason :WSAENOTSOCK

could not get IPX address, IPX disabled

reason :WSAENOTSOCK

"model" is ""

connecting 194.251.249.196:27015

the server requires that you be validated through WON.net

could not obtain 'wON authentication.

My internet connection works great, but CS not. Can anyone help me please?

Errrrm...

Quote:
could not get TCP/IP address, TCP/IP disabled

Looks like SP1 has disabled your TCP/IP.

Weird.

--

Xiven

Yeah, I've been trying to work through the TCP/IP probs that I'm having with the game after sp1, but no go. I can't get a list of servers, I have to tweak my video drivers to get into any game, and I still have probs connecting and with ping speed.

It seems that after sp1, Half-Life netcode can no longer keep the correct timing on a connection between you and the server. It does a really interesting thing with frame rates - they bounce between 30 and 60, but spend very little at any other rates.

I liked the update cause it fixed a couple of my probs, but without stable, fast CS life just has no meaning - hehe

no more sp1 til Half-Life updates again frown

HL and CS both work fine for me. I also dont use the in-game server listings I use gamespy. I havent had a problem playing CS since i put on SP1.

Hi! I encountered the same problem: CounterStrike cannot connect to any server after I have installed the Service Pack 1 for Win2k. The servers aren't even listed and when I want to update the list -> "couldn't get list of servers. Internet is working fine, but CS doesn't. I have also tried to find any information about this problem in other forums, but without success.... I also don't want to uninstall SP1 (unless there isn't another solution to this problem), because it fixes a lot of bugs.

Bye,

Joe

Dude, I spent over a week trying to fix the problem. I had no choice but to uninstall if I wanted to play. The no-servers thing was livable with Gamespy, but the framerate problems in OpenGL were too much to take. I have a Geforce 256. The only thing I didn't try was the new 6.13 drivers (Detinator 3). If you have a TNT/Geforce card you might want to try these drivers as a fix.

Good Luck