Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MidKnight

Quake 3 Brightness problem

I'm running Win2000 Pro with a GeForce DDR, and i'm having a problem with Quake 3, The problem is the screen is way to dark, and i have the setting turned to MAX in the game for brightness. Also if i quickly slide the slider from left to right, the darkness and brightness can go in any direction to what the needle is at.

Has anyone else had this dark screen problem with Q3, and found a fix??

Thanks

Do a search in the NT Compatible Message Forum for your answer. This has been already answered.

Yes, it has been answered. Please search the next time you have a question..

But to reiterate(for those reading), you must put the brightness bar all the way to the left(darkest) and slide the bar up with the keyboard to make the brightness go up.

mr_yellow

powerstrip can help as well..also you can make aliases to make the brightness change faster..

entechtaiwan.com i think the url is

when the game loads hit ~ and type then u can always go back and make it a bit darker... don't worry if the game menu looks out of color or dark the game brightness is what counts smile even in 16 bit color it looks 32 bit wink win2k ownz !!!!!! also let me know if u want to disable s3 texture compression

/seta r_ignorehwgamma 1

/seta r_overbrightbits 0

/seta r_intensity 1.6

/vid_restart

yes it has been answered (sorry i had to add a post to it)already. to find that anser goto the homepage and point ur mouse over to compatibility> click games> and from there 'Q' and find quake 3 on the screen.

the brightness problem cannot be solved for Quake 3 under win2k...so dont try it

the brightness problem cannot be solved for Quake 3 under win2k...so dont try it

This is what you do. In your Quake3\baseq3 Dir. create a file called autoexec.cfg and

Edit it in Notepad and make sure it looks like this:

seta r_ignorehwgamma 1

seta r_gamma 1.4

And then save it. Quake 3 will use these settings every time you start the game so you won't have to worry about it.

Cryptix