Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blackmagic

Direct X 5.0 for NT 4.0

I have Directx 5.0 for Windows NT 4.0 if anyone wants it. It is really nice and I have had nothing but good things with it.

Hey BlackMagic who you trying to kid...there ain't no directx 5.0 for NT!! I have checked. There is DirectPlay 6.1a for NT...it can be found at Microsoft's download center...The highest version so far is a pathetic 3 but atleast we have that...I'm off to download DirectPlay thats for sure....

There is a unofficial DirectX 5.0 for NT 4.0

Search for DX5NT4.

Christian

dx5 for nt4 was designed for windows nt5, but they work under nt4, allowing some directx 5 games to run. some have problems with them, but most have been positive out come. they certainly worked for me. at worst, you'll have to delete the files and reinstall your video drivers and service pack.

I'm runing DirectX 5 "unoficial release" on my dual NT4 system. Falcon 4 runs fairly stble on it, and with a bit better performance than in Win9x.

I'm wondering if anyone else has any gaming experince with dual CPU systems and NT4?

/Johan Fredin

Which SP do I need to run DX5 in NT 4. I currantly have 3 and have tried but failed.

------------------

When entering hostile territory shoot the first person that moves, friend or foe, for this person has started to think and is now dangerous.

Hi,

Found it and downloaded it today. smile

Only thing is a few apps kindly inform me that I need a DirectX 5 driver for the graphics card - Ati XPert98 (rage pro).

Anyone know about this? I tried installing a Win95 driver, and succeded in destroying my NT install. frown

Brendan

------------------

www.bkehoe.com

I've installed DX5 for NT, but When I try to run Final Reality it refuse to run... saying I need a DX5 Driver for my video card or something like that...

My system is a Abit BP6 Dual 366Mhz (o/c to 550Mhz) Creative Banshee PCI, 3Dfx ref Driver for NT 4.0, running O/S is NT4 with SP4.

Please help!

Off topic:

Anyone know how to get my Banshee to run Quake 3 test 1.08 under NT4.0 SMP? I cannot find any GL driver for my card... Got my Dual 550Mhz just for Q3 man!! so disappointed!

if anyone need the DX5 for NT email me and I'll either send it to you, or post it on my page...

aak97@fcmail.com

Thanks

Herbert

Only a few programs like Tomb Raider 2 Demo work with the unofficial DX5 for NT. There is no DX5 compatible video driver because this DX5 is ripped from NT 5.0 (Windows 2000) Beta 1.

3Dfx support current no multiprocessor. If you want play Q3 in SMP you need another SMP compatible display adapter or you must wait for new drivers.

Philipp

If anyone still looks at this - there is a directx 6 for NT4, just search for setdx6 - ive noticed this patch in quite a few places