Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falcon26

GP3 anyone???????????

Has anyone in the UK gotten the game to run in Windows 2000?????????? If so how's the performance????????

Falcon26

Hi,

It's not released until Friday, so I wont be able to say until about 6:00pm.

Please see the message in this forum:

'Another Game Company says no to Win2k'

Just so you know where the GP3 manufacturers stand on this.

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 384MB PC100 RAM (Samsung), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

Just to let you know, I had the Warez version of Gp3, it did run fine on windows 2000. I just wanted to get some feedback on the final version of the game. I deleted the warez version already, I just wanted to try it. I live in the USA but I ordered it from the UK, so I get my copy next week sometime. But it did run fine the beta version anyway.

falcon26

GP3 installs and runs fine in Windows 2000 with a TNT2 Ultra 32 Meg video card.

With a PII 400Mhz and 128 Meg of memory, I can run it under Windows 2000 at 1024 x 768 with all the details turned on and still get 22 fps... Just enough to make it playable..

Enjoy your game...

Michael

Got GP3 there on Saturday...

It installed fine (full 300MB+ install)

During the video card detection it kicked out to the desktop (I have a CL GeForce card using the 3.78 drivers - had BAD experiences with the 5.x drivers!) but the game restarted fine and I was able to manually set it to use the card...still wouldn't pass the autoconfig tests tho?!

As for the game itself...it sees to run fine at 1280x1024 with all the detail options set to full and the cars seem to handle better than in GP2...reminds me of the original GP on the Amiga actually...you could just pick it up and play it

In summary, I think its well worth buying

but you will need a fairly beefy system to get the most out of it (I just wish I'd discovered the "£15 off" voucher in the paper BEFORE I paid full price!) ;-)

Later all....

Kaiser.

My System:

PIII 550Mhz

320MB PC-100 RAM

CL 32MB GeForce DDR

CL SBLive Value

9&12GB IDE Hard Drives

DVD & CD-RW Drives

USR V90 Modem (no cable here...yet!)

21" Trinitron Monitor

Win98/Win2k Pro Dual-Boot

[This message has been edited by Kaiser (edited 31 July 2000).]

Hi,

I've beenreading all of your messages regarding GP3, I can add this to the pot, I live in the Uk and bought my copy on Friday 28th July. I have two systems one a dual PIII, dual booting win2k pro and Win98SE, the other is a dual pentium pro with win2k server. I have installed GP3 on win98se using both a Voodoo 2 12mb card and a Matrox G400 max dual head.

GP3runs much better using the Matrox card than the Voodoo 2. I also installed GP3 on my Win2k server machine which has a Voodoo 3 2000 card. At first I thought that it would be a no no, but alas it works great at 1024x768 without any problems. Although it does say on the microprose site that win2k is not supported. i am now comtemplating removing the Voodoo card completely.

Don