Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IMarshal

Fifa 2000 works!

On a whim, I re-ran Fifa 2000 on my Win2K Pro system after a long hiatus and, to my astonishment, it worked.

I have a BX board with a TNT2 and an SBLive!. 5.32 Detonator drivers. Live!Ware 3. Vanilla Win2K Pro with all the Windows Update patches, no SP1. Nothing special otherwise.

So I ran 3dsetup.exe, selected the TNT2 option, then set the resolution to 1024x768, and fired up the game. It worked beautifully, first try.

This is after six months of crashing on startup with an access violation. I don't know what exactly I did to make the game work; it just... worked.

[This message has been edited by IMarshal (edited 30 July 2000).]

what a load of crap.

I still get the same error.

Drops back to the desktop.

evil Homer

That sucks. Did 3dsetup detect your card properly? Do you have the same video card / soundcard / drivers that I do?

I used to have the same config as you, TNT2 ultra etc etc... Didn't work then. Don't expect it to work now.

Its not a driver issue, Win2k doesn't like Fifa 2000's copy protection method, thats why it refuses to run it, same with Superbikes 2000.

If you have got it running, it must be a small miricle thats unique to your machine only.

evil Homer

Nope. I tried the no-cd crack before, and it produced the same error as before, an exception error and creates an event log.

evil Homer

I don't know what to tell you, then. I wish I knew what exactly I did to get it to work. I used to have the same problem you have (access violation and exit).