Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBrave715

Live! Ware Drivers?

I have a small problem when I have sound or play music of any kind I hear crackling and breakups all the time in games, playing MP3's, Cd music any sound does it and it's expecially more intense when the CPU or hardrive is thinking, after a few hours it actually gives me a small headache. When I have the basic drivers installed it don't do it but I want all the features that come with live! ware I am currently back to windows 98 It comes with more Live!ware features but I've already had as many lockups and blue screens in the last 2 days as I ever had with windows 2000. This sucks! Anyone else have this problem? I did have Direct X 8 beta installed I hope that didn't have any effect. If everyones having these problems I won't worry about it I'll just wait for an update from Creative but if I'm like the only one then please tell me what's up.

P.S I have the live! ware drivers for windows 2000 from the CD installed I didn't download it.

Thanks for everyones help.

Does it still do it without the DirectX 8 beta installed?

Simply removing DX8 and re-installing DX7 may not be enough. You might have to format and re-install to be sure its gone.

It's one of the prices you pay for using leaked beta software I'm afraid.

I have a sounblaster PCI 128, and have noticed the same thing the basic drivers seem fine but the updated drivers causing a lot of crackling, the only way to fix it seems to be to set the sample rate conversion quality from good to best in the audio properties allow that slows performance it does fix the sound. I really wish creative would get some better drivers out, ive been thinking about getting a soundblaster live, but with there driver situation im not so sure anymore, anyone know a good card with good drivers?

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with DX 8 because I formated and reinstalled without dx 8. The basic drivers still do it but it's not as noticable because when I hae the arena invironment on it crackles during the echo and it echos the crackling. I went to the creative newsgroup and it seems alot of people are having problems with the Via chipset which is what I have on either OS's but what's strange about that is that it don't do it on 98 which points towards driver problems.

Have you thought of the fact that it might just be a faulty card now??

Just a thought :-)

I have this problem, but not to that extend. I admit that the Windows 2000 driver for Sblive isn't matured enough. I get occcasional cracking sound, but wasn't often enough to make me complain. Maybe once a week or twice a week is what I encounter. I do not use any Environment Audio, perhaps, that could be the answer?

The other thing I found buggy about the player that came with Liveware is that it skip a few second of audio from time to time.

Well, who knows. If Creative pull their fingers out we may even have a LiveWare! 3 for Win2k sometime soon which will hopefully improve the performace a fair bit.

Then again, this "is" Creative we're talking about ;(

-Ex-

I disabled UDMA in my bios and it cleared the problem right up. I only get crackling now when my CPU thinks extremely hard and even then it's minimal. It's nice now not having to question having Windows 2000.

This is a known problem with SB Live & the VIA MVP3 chipset.. And High DATA access off the drives will cause crackling.. as of yet there is no fix unless you wanna demote your HD's back down to PIO 4 which I don't think is an option. Maybe when the new LiveWare 3 package comes out sometime within the next few weeks.. it'll solve the problem.

I have the same problems too with my SB Live.

The built in drivers work fine, but LiveWare for Win2k (the old and the newer version 3) brings a lot of problems. Crackling sound, with and without EAX. The card is OK, because I tested 3 SB Live cards in my system and I'm sure that all 3 cards are OK (they all work fine in Win98)

I don't have a VIA chipset. I have a i440BX and dual processor board (ABIT BP6)

Any tips or fixes?

I have the same problems too with my SB Live.

The built in drivers work fine, but LiveWare for Win2k (the old and the newer version 3) brings a lot of problems. Crackling sound, with and without EAX. The card is OK, because I tested 3 SB Live cards in my system and I'm sure that all 3 cards are OK (they all work fine in Win98)

I don't have a VIA chipset. I have a i440BX and dual processor board (ABIT BP6)

Any tips or fixes?

i've got the same problems with liveware3 for win2k and the original liveware for win2k. i dont have any problems in win98 so i know it's not my card. this is very annoying. i thought liveware3 would fix it, but it didnt do anything, except add more memory eating apps... i was rather dissapointed.... i have VIA chipset as well. MVP3. it seems that i get these problems when multitasking and in games. more so in cut scenes in games than in the game itself though. a little crackling but not that bad and not taht often... sigh....

tristan777:

Do you have a MPS (MultiProcessorSystem)?

If so, there seems to be no fix available.

If not, go to

news://news.creativelabs.com

and check the group:

creative.support.sound_blaster.live

There are several threads where problems with VIA chipsets (especially the MVP3) are discussed. Maybe there is a solution available for you

greetings

wildspukie

tristan777:

Do you have a MPS (MultiProcessorSystem)?

If so, there seems to be no fix available.

If not, go to

news://news.creativelabs.com

and check the group:

creative.support.sound_blaster.live

There are several threads where problems with VIA chipsets (especially the MVP3) are discussed. Maybe there is a solution available for you

greetings

wildspukie

hmmm.... are u sure thats the name of the newsgroup? i cant find it....

ok. nm. i found it.

[This message has been edited by tristan777 (edited 27 July 2000).]