Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
surgearrest

Kiss Psycho Circus Demo Glitch under Win2k

Anyone downloaded the Kiss Psycho Circus: The nightmare Child demo and found out an annoying mouse and keyboard glitch that happens when you fire with the mouse and in some cases, when you move too. When you click the mouse button, it continues to fire unless you click again, and at times, it doesn't even work and continues firing even if you clicked the right number of times for this to stop. Same thing with the keyboard, but only happens once in a while.

Anyone found a workaround for this?

This problem is caused by Direct Input and will be repair when the Service Pack1 will be out. If u can't wait, DirectX8 Beta for Win2K fixs also the problem. A guy posted that u can copy the file dinput.dll from DirectX8Beta in your System32 dir. w/out installing Direct X 8 and the sticky keys problem will disappear. U can dl/ dx8 for 2k here: "Link Remove Plaese do not post that here"

Hope it will help u smile Because this game on my PC and w/ DX8 works fine.. However u can just copy like I said the dinput.dll file from DX8....

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 18 July 2000).]

I hope that SP1 will fix the "stickey key" problem.

The Kiss PC demo is kinda cool but it's not much fun to play with the stickey keys.

That's reminds me .... where is SP1 ??

I don't know why, but the keys are still sticky after installing directX 8 Beta, I don't know why. They do seem less sticky but aren't quite non-sticky either, sometimes the mouse button remains caught or some movement key. It happens less often, and is not as extreme as before but I still get that, and it's still annoying, thank you very much anyway.