Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dfocus

NFS 5 / EA RACING

ok, I finally got it to work in WIN2000. That means I had all the problems, the 800 meg problem, the lockup, etc. tried all the fixes that people posted...nothing worked. Until I downloaded a crack of all things and no it works beautifully. It's ridiculous that I have to resort to a crack to play a game I legally bought...but anyway, I have the feeling that the crack isn't allowing me to play online. I know the connection works within the game cause it let me update to the most current version but when I go to login it just sits and tried to connect ( I see my modem lights going) and then brings up a dialog box saying 'connection lost'. I tried changing the password entering the wrong one, etc. and still the same thing, so I'm wondering if the crack interferes with the online racing in any way...anyone have any experience? thanks!

Getting the game to run is the first step. Next you have to go to EA Racing site and setup an online racing account.

After you have that, startup the game and try to log onto internet racing. It will probably tell you you need to update the game. Let it do that.

If you update recently, it will set you to version 3.5 for the game and will replace your cracked .exe with an EA original that won't work in Win2k.

Go back to http://www.gamecopyworld.com and download the new cracked .exe for your version (which should be 3.5). Put the new .exe in your game dir and use it to start the game. You should now be able to logon to the EA servers with your account login and pass and proceed to get in some games.

Good Luck.

well that solved one problem. I don't get the 'connection lost' dialog anymore, but now it says my user/pass is invalid even tho I've checked it about 20 times, changed my password, changed from case sensitive and off, everything. so this is kinda weird. Also, installing the latest crack lost the music and video again. thanks!

Remember its a NO CD cracked .exe. The movie vids and music are in directories on the cd. Just copy them over to the same dir on your computer and you will have them back.

When you signed up for your EA racing account did you print out the "account confirmation" page with your user name and password? They are also syntax sensitive, so if you accidentally have Caplock on it won't work.

You also need to choose a name no one else will probably use. I had originally picked "Krash", but if someone is already using this name online, it won't let you connect to the servers.

Let me know if this helps.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damnit! ok I can get in now fine and have raced but the game keeps crashing before I cna finish a race. It's happened every time now! I keep getting an 'invalid share' error that crashes back out to the desktop. what the hell is that? Is this common, or because of the crack or am I just screwed?

agrivated...

if anyone is still following this thread, it seemed that a reinstall fixed things, kinda. I've had random crashes of the same type but not as many. anyway, that's all see you online!