Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
_japsje

MSN 6.x Client

Hi there..

I heard, that MS won't allow any other Instant Messengers to logon to their network, starting octobre 15th (somewhere around this date).

So here's my querstion;

Does anyone know another Linux MSN messenger?

I saw that Trillian is paying MS for a license so they can continue to devolope software, pay software for the customer. But I haven't see a Linux version of it...

I rather choose to continue using Linux, but almost everyone I know is using a MSN 6.x Client for Windows or Mac... currently it isn't a problem, but after

a month, it will be a problem....

Sorry for my englisch...

It's late and I haven't got much sleep last few nigts smile

Gaim is probably the MSN (it can also connect to otehr services like AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, Jabber, Napster, Zephyr and Gadu-Gadu) client you want to be using but as to whether it'll work after the "cut off" point remains to be seen. Install gaim anyway for now and if it doesn't work take their advice and migrate all your MSN buddies to Jabber wink

i would sugjest moving to AIM, its the biggests intant message network out there (they also have a native linux client but i would suggest useing gaim or kopete)

but thats just me i personaly try to avoid anything with M$'s name on it

i still cant login to msn with the latest version of gaim. if somebody knows a solution, please let me know it.