2095 KTriangles/s with D3D software

In win98 the scores are normal, around 5000KT/s

This is my hardware:

Asus P2B-DS

2x P3-450@504

256MB ram

Elsa Gladiac

win2k of course.

The Isle Of Morg demo is really choppy, boxer and firetruck demo also quite choppy. In win98 Islo Of Morg is much smoother. What is wrong with my setup?

I have tried both the 5.22 drivers (elsa latest release) and leaked 5.30 drivers, but same result. Also, my previous G400 max I got same low SSE optimized results (2800) in 3D mark.

What is wrong, is it win2k or my computer doing this? Quake 3 seems fine, I get around 70 fps in 1024@32-bit with max textures etc.

I believe the problem is with 3DMark2000 itself. It crashes out many times while running, etc. My guess is that we should wait until they release an updated version.

:}

Both of us have SMP systems, my guess is that the benchmark timing routine only sees 50% of the CPU (since the app would be split across two CPUs by NT), or something. I'll do a test with CPU Affinity on one processor and see if it makes a difference.

As long as my Q3A plays well...the rest is just braggin' rights.

;}

Well, dark reign gets a little choppy when the scenes turn complex. It seems games can't use P3's SSE?

The t&l P3 SSE results are just the same as the software d3d results.

I tried affiniate 3dmark to one cpu and give it high priority, but no difference.

Seems so far it's either win2k or the geforce2 drivers, the boxter demo and the firetruck demo is choppy too. In win98 it is smooth.

I'm running SMP, 2x Celery 366 clocked at 518 or something like that, 94mhz bus speed i belive.. (on an Abit BP6)

All the 5.x drivers have run great for me, i havent run into any problems except one of the sets had the problem where it would cause you not to be able to uninstall/add any drivers cuz of a file not found problem, and opengl dying once.. and a problem with a few of the older sets playing vids all farked up and sleeping the monitor.

Otherwise, I havent had any problems with OpenGL or Direct3D in w2k.. my only gripe is the fact that you hafta reboot to enable TV-out, i hope they change that..

I havent played with SMP in Q3 (mainly because i dont have Q3 anymore) but I know with the 3dmark thing, i read on a site somewhere (forgot which one, it may have been http://www.firingsquad.com) that the P3's SIMD instructions make it almost as fast if not faster at T&L than the GeForce.. however the GeForce still is offloading those instructions off the CPU which leaves room for other stuff, so it's still an advantage.

On a celeron system (like mine) the T&L makes a noticable difference. (enabled vs. disabled in SoF)

but, like i said, rock stable. Running 5.30 drivers right now..

------------------

-Da_G

Yes, the t&l hardware in the geforce is hardware limited, so it is as fast as it is. No slower, no faster. the SSE in a P3 is very fast in a 733e cpu while a lot slower in a 450 katmai cpu.

That is an argument to optimize for geforces T&L, you can push the scenes to the limit and know it will run equal on all PCs with a geforce.

However, my problem is that no matter what I enable in 3dmark 2k in win2k I never get any more polygons/s with one lightsouce than 2300k.

dark reign and isle of more is rather choppy in win2k because of this, and I wonder if someone know if it is win2ks fault or the nvidia detonator 2 drivers fault.

I've tried elsas latest and 5.30, Ill try some other versions too and well see.