Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whiplash

NFS High Stakes

I'm a newbie at this 'puter stuff. I have W2000 and can't run NFS High Stakes. I read the fix but don't quite understand all the stuff. Like "copy ImageCFG> exe and SetWin95.cmd from the NT 4.0/NT5b2/Win2000b3RC1 CD. Also create a file called INSO432.INI and put the following line in it. Could someone help me by being a little more specific?

I followed the directions and got Myst Masterpiece to work but they were quite a bit easier.

Um, P3,Creative Audio Sound Card PCI 64/128,

gobs of RAM, heaps of gigs etc.

That is as plain as that can be. Do you know how to copy files? Can you create files?

I'm not trying to be rude, but what good is telling you the same thing again going to do if you don't know how to do it?

As I explained, I'm a newbie but yes I can create files etc. However, here's one question...What does the b3RC1 mean on the WIN2000 CD? I copied ImageCFG.exe and WinSet95cmd.from somewhere else to get Myst to work. Is it the same file? I assume it is so that's OK. But what I'm not too clear on is the exact wording of the INSO432.INI. Here's what I typed...-fD:\SETUP.INS -z1 -cx -xC:\nfshsdir -x1 D:\ -q10009. I'm not sure about spaces. If that is correct then I did everything right. And I still get a "can't map ImageCGF." type message. Am I missing something?

Ok, the b3RC1 means either Beta 3 or Release Candidate 1. If you have a legal, retail Win2k CD you're fine.

Now as for the ini file...

heres what the fix said

-fY:\SETUP.INS -z1 -cx -xC:\nfshsdir -x1"Y:\" -q10009

heres what you said you typed

-fD:\SETUP.INS -z1 -cx -xC:\nfshsdir -x1 D:\ -q10009

Only difference I see is you don't have any quotation marks after your -x1 argument.

Try this... it may or may not help..

-fD:\SETUP.INS -z1 -cx -xC:\nfshsdir -x1"D:\" -q10009

Again, I wasn't trying to be rude, I was still half asleep. :P

[This message has been edited by Wolf (edited 19 May 2000).]

Quote:
Originally posted by neurobash:
Are you having problems installing it or playing it? If you are having problems installing it try renaming the file gimme.dll to gimme.dll.bak located in your game directory.

that trick is only for porsche unleashed (nfs5).... if you would have read the post, you would have seen that the topic here is high stakes (nfs4)....

Are you having problems installing it or playing it? If you are having problems installing it try renaming the file gimme.dll to gimme.dll.bak located in your game directory.

I've tried all the ideas. Now I'm getting an error message "SETUP.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Now I can't even get the it will only run on W95 message. And of course I get no a message at the command prompt that this isn't a recognized as an internal or external command or can't find the path specified. Like I said, I'm a newbie.....

I have the same problem and I'm not a newbie. I'm using build 2195 of Windows 2000. I receive errors anytime I try to run the nfs 4 installer.

System Specs:

Voodoo3 3000 AGP

13GB Maxtor HD

Soyo 5ema+ v1.0 mainboard

Sound Blaster PCI 512 (Sound Blaster Live Value!)

Best Data 56k Modem

Microsoft Dual Strike Game Controller

Gravis Gamepad Pro

Atleast u all can find the files, Mine is not even showing the files there frown Any help would be nice. Thanxs

E-Mail worlock42@oz-online.net or ICQ# is 10056681 thanxs again

Look for them BEFORE you click ok on the error warning window. Look for them while that window is still active, otherwise it deletes the temp files once you close the window.

I have read the instructions but I dont have

the Image.cfg or SetWin95.exe in on my Win2k disc.

this is what I have for my tmpdir

e:\NFSHS\_ISTMP4.dir\_ISTMPO.dir

in _ISTMP4.dir I have_INS5576.EXE

I up to the part about the Image and Win95 part not working for me

Were do I put the _INS0432.INI file?

[This message has been edited by Sinster (edited 19 June 2000).]