Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WyldKard

Black screen...

In certain games, when I run them, I just get a black screen. It's happened ever since I upgraded the drivers for my Asus 6800 Deluxe to the 3.79 Final drivers from the 3.75. I don't have the 3.75 drivers anymore. I've tried various versions of the Nvidia reference drivers all to no avail. Anyone know what might be causing this? FPS games are running fine (Q3A, HL) but other games are not (practically every non-FPS game I have).

My machine is a Celeron 300A @ 464mhz

BX6-R2 motherboard

128MB RAM

Asus 6800 Deluxe Geforce vid-card

[This message has been edited by WyldKard (edited 02 June 2000).]

OK not sure what is going on but just a thought. Are you running Q3A and HL in Open GL. If you are then the other games might be D3D and the problem may lie in the fact that the D3D DirectX 7 is screwed but the open GL drivers are working fine.

Run the Direct X Diags to see if that reports any kind of problem or try uninstalling and then reinstalling DirectX!

Hope this helps

The Git

I ran the dxdiag utility and it said everything was working fine. The only issue it reported was that my main display driver (nv4_disp.dll) is uncertified by MS.

How do I uninstall and reinstall DirectX under Win2k? I thought you couldn't do that...

Edit: Under the display tab, under DirectX features, it says that Direct3D Acceleration is not available. Might that be my problem? How cna I fix this? AGP TExture Acceleration is also not available...

[This message has been edited by WyldKard (edited 02 June 2000).]

Your right, you can't uninstall directx in Win2K, I had a flashback to Windows 98 when I sugested that.

I did do some digging on IRC and a couple of other people have been having the same problem with version 3.79 of the drivers. Is there now place where you can get the older drivers. One guy on IRC said that 3.75 was much more solid.

Hope this helps

The Git

No, I haven't been able to find a site that has them still. If anyone knows where I might be able to find them (or would be willing to send them to me), I'd greatly appreciate it.