Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBrave715

Soundblaster Live

I'm about to buy Sound blaster Live! Xgamer tomorrow and was wondering if it's actually recommended for Windows 2000? I heard bad things with their new Live Ware for windows 2000 drivers. And is it worth the extra $100 to get SB Live! platinum instead or would I notice that big of a difference?

I'm using a sblive! value at this very moment, I don't have liveware installed, just the bare drivers, and it works beautifully

I have the SBLive 1024 installed.

The original drivers are ok (at best)..

I would really recommend dl'ing the liveware 2k..Superb sound, altho they are only 75% complete..

New FINAL drivers should be just around the corner...Yeah RIGHT !

Anyways, I think the 1024 is probably the cheapest of the bunch and FYI works mighty fine.

Hope this is of some assistance smile

Get the Live value card OEM. It is the cheapest and is the same hardware as the other editions just less software.

The Live value is not the same as the X-gamer or the Mp3. The Live value does not have digital out. Also the platinum is not worth buying if you are just a gamer or if you do not have much money.

My Live Value has a digital out.

A yellow 3.5 inch stereo plug with "dig out" embossed above it in the mounting plate.

Does this actually work or is it a dead weight passenger?

------------------

Written on:

PII 300

Aopen AX6B

160mb RAM

i740 8mb

SBLive! Value

20gb Seagate

6gb WDCaviar

Using 100% Australian Made recyclable electrons

I'm sorry DOS but you're wrong man. They did a newer rev of the Live about 9 months ago (I got the Live when it first came out for my older machine, and then got another one about 6 months ago for my newer machine). All the sound blaster lives come with a yellow digital out plug. And yes it works kick ass I have it hooked straight into my Cambridge Desktop Theater Dolby Digital receiver.

Well I bought the X-Gamer it's kick ass so far smile. There was a CD that came with the Live!Ware for windows 2000 drives so I didn't have to download a thing. I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase.

LIVEWARE 2K came on the cd with the card?

8)

8)

8) 8) 8)

Surely you jest me !

Yes it came on it's own CD that said "Live!Ware for windows 2000 CD". And on the Box it even says it works with windows 95,98,NT & 2000 In big letters.

[This message has been edited by JBrave715 (edited 09 June 2000).]

Buy the Live Platium only if you have the money and are planning on buying digital speakers. Beleive me both are worth every penny. You can hear people coming up from behind, the side, over head its really a cool gaming experince. Check over at creatives site or call sometimes they have great deals. I bought 4 SB live for $200.00 and the DTT 2500 for $225 total $425.00 In case your wondering I have 3 computers and gave one to a friend.

Ya I only had a 100 bucks so I had to settle for X-gamer. I went to the creative sight and checked out some 4 point speakers I was drooling all over the keyboard. %150-$200 though it's going to be awhile before I save that up.