Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corvus

Joystick Drivers - Where can I get some for...

Madcatz Panther XL & Logitech Wingman Interceptor.

These are 2 of a collection of joysticks that I would like to use again.

Neither company seems to have what I am looking for. (something that works ) )

Does anyone out there have or know where I can find working drivers or a good outline to build some that could work with any.

Thanks

(added)

Oh.. and non-USB as neither seem to like being used with adaptors. Bah.. who cares if it works! ) Maybe I should check that out..?

If they're just basic gameport joysticks, you might be able to get away with just loading the gameport and joystick modules and possibly the adi modules (for the Logitech). On my setup, I have to load ehci-hcd, usb-ohci and hid instead of gameport because my three Logitech game controllers are connected via USB but as yours are only Gameport sticks, you shouldn't have to worry about all that. The easiest way to check if their working after you've loaded all the modules is to cat /dev/js0 (if you're using devfs, this probably won't appear until all the modules are loaded properly which is another clue) and then move the stick around a bit. If you see output then chances are it's working.

Cool thanks. I had no luck within windoze.. and was woundering about Linux. It is almost like they don't care about the old. ) Oh well.. why bother with New if I can get these to work ? )

Later.