Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadey

Win2k 5.22 drivers, UT

In case you missed it:

Those of you out there who are experiencing crashes in Opengl games such as Soldier of Fortune (e.g. GLimp_EndFrame() - SwapBuffers() failed!) after installing the Detonator 2 drivers for Windows 2000 will need to fix it using this procedure.

1. Click, Start, Run.

2. Type in regedit & hit Enter.

3. Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers]. Delete the RIVATNT subkey.

4. Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers] & make a New String Value entitled RIVATNT & give it a value of nvoglnt.

Thanks to the nVidia newsgroup (unknown_error in particular) for mentioning the basic fix.

UT now works in OpenGL!

--

Xiven

Xiven,

did you actually try the new gegistry entry with UT? For me, it still crashes back to the desktop on launching.

My opinion is that no registry tweak in the world can fix a messed up nvoglnt.dll. I´ll stick with my modified Det 5.22

Take DoomLegacy for example. Runs perfectly with older versions of the nvoglnt.dll, but with the one from the original Det 5.22 I get a segment violation.

Aaaaarrrgghhhh!!!

Preacher's tweak works only for the first 3 to 5 (random number) grenades. After a few grenades have been launched by one or several players (it is the total number of grenades that seems decisive) this da***d black squares are back!!!

Do someone have a clue why this happens that way? Some memory buffer full ??? I wonder... frown

FrogMaster,

try setting the Buffer Flipping Mode of your graphics-card to Page Flipping, if that won´t work, try Block Transfer

Preacher - Yeah, I tried it. It works fine. Others have also reported success with Tribes and SoF.

--

Xiven