Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfenx666

Diabolo II Beta

Does anyone know, where I can get the

Diabolo II Beta? I want to run some test on

Win2k.

As far as I know you can only get a copy if you have been accepted onto the beta program.

Even if you find a copy on the net you will have to get a valid User ID and activation code. Even then the beta is only multi-user on Blizzards Battlenet Servers (no standalone version). According to Diabloii.net Blizzard are scanning all servers for duplicate ID's and disabling anyone with a duplicate. In brief No Chance

Good news is that the product is expected in the shops by the end of June so not too long to wait now. Not when you consider that I wanted the game for Christmas 1999 and I'm still waiting.

The Git

Christams 1999? Is that all? You lucky thing.

I've been agonising over it for about 3 years.

IIRC, check the readme file for Diablo. At the very bottom it mentions D2. This is the original Diablo though. The re-released cheapo version may have a slightly amended readme file.

I know a couple people in my clan that have played it. They said its good for the most part just that the stress test blizzard is putting on their servers is failing horibly. They also said its VERY stripped down but still pretty fun.