Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LM

strange problem in UT

thankfully I don't have any sticky key problems in Unreal Tournament, (Rogue Spear is my only game with that issue), but I do have another problem. After playing single player for about 15 minutes, UT starts choking, dropping to 3-4 fps instead of my normal 25-30 fps. If I exit UT at this time, it seems two processes are eating up my processor time...explorer.exe and csrss.exe

I didn't have this problem before while playing the demo and the only change to my system was to reduce my RAM from 192 to 160 MB. I don't think that's really the issue though, it's CPU usage not mem usage that's the problem. anyone else heard of this?

some more info

PII 266 - 160 MB

CL Riva TNT - 3.68

SB Live! XGamer - drivers only from the Liveware release

UT retail release, downloading 413 as I write

settings - 640x480, 16 bit, medium textures and skin detail, no 3d sound

[This message has been edited by LM (edited 13 May 2000).]

actually, some other people on the board were having similar problems...the game would actually start using the hard drive more when the ram was dropped to 160 or lower...the post was in the games section not more than a couple of days ago...i would put the ram back in and see if it works fine again...

yeah, just tried that, performance seemed a bit better, but still choked after about 15 mins, this time dropped it down to 7-8 fps,

damn annoying that you can't play more than a level or two at a time