Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
panos

quake 3, TNT and win2k

Hi!It's known that quake 3 for win2k needs open gl drivers.My graphics blaster Tnt card

drivers for win2k don't work with the game(these are the latest drivers that creative posted on their site).Nor did the nvidia's drivers.Any idea on how to find some open gl drivers for my tnt or even if any exist so as to play Q3?Thank you in advance...

The TNT drivers that come with win2k don't support OpenGL or D3D. To be able run OpenGL or D3D games, you need to use NVidia's reference drivers (5.14 work well with my TNT) or you can use the Creative TNT drivers if they provide them.

Which reference drivers have you tried? Do you always get the "no OpenGl" error message when running Q3? Do any other games work? What other hardware do you have apart from the TNT?

This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you installed the drivers correctly? It's sometimes a bit tricky to install drivers that are not "digitally signed" in win2k. I mean, sometimes you may get the ídea that the drivers were installed properly, when in fact win2k just went back to the original Win2k drivers. To see which drivers you currently have go to: control panel --> display --> advanced --> adapter --> properties --> driver. The reference drivers are not digitally signed and the driver version should obviously read 5.1.4.0 (or which ever driver you installed)

Like I said, this is just an idea, I'm sure you've already checked this. wink

Andy