Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thefej

Toca2 in Win2k

I recently installed Toca2 on my win2k box. I have an ATI Rage 128. When I start Toca2 up it does not run fully. First there was a problem with the menu reverting back to the setup menu, but this was fixed by editing the registry. The problem I am having now is that when the game loads, the intros (for Codemasters and for the game itself) run but the menu comes up all garbled. I tried up[censored] the drivers for my Rage (using some Beta Win2K drivers) but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? DirectX reports that everything is okay and according to the compatibility FAQ, someone else has gotten this game to work as well...... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

thefej

Mine has done the same, any one knows who to resolve this.

Basically the installation works and runs fine. You run setup and all is well, then running it messes up. It runs, but the screen is like split into about 4-5 sections all garbled, like if you've set the wrong resolution on your monitor (but this isn't the problem!!). Obviously since the intro screen is like this (first sign of any problem!), the rest of the game is like this and you have to quit because you can't seem to work out what on earth you are doing!!

Any explanation? Resolutions?

Please let me know!!

Regards,

Aaron

How did you solve the setup menu problem?

/D

Quote:
Originally posted by thefej:

I recently installed Toca2 on my win2k box. I have an ATI Rage 128. When I start Toca2 up it does not run fully. First there was a problem with the menu reverting back to the setup menu, but this was fixed by editing the registry. The problem I am having now is that when the game loads, the intros (for Codemasters and for the game itself) run but the menu comes up all garbled. I tried up[censored] the drivers for my Rage (using some Beta Win2K drivers) but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? DirectX reports that everything is okay and according to the compatibility FAQ, someone else has gotten this game to work as well...... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

thefej

Do anyone know how to solve this problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by dangus:

How did you solve the setup menu problem?

/D

i got the same problem as you guys. i can get past the first problem, you change a setting in the registry, but then the games comes up all garbled.

I want the person who said they got the game to work, and put it on the compatiblity list here at ntcompatible to tell us what else they did, because i really want to play toca2.

what version do you guys have? i've got the uk version with the patch.