Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Music

Fix for NFS 5 PU with V3 or GeForce DDR

I had the same problems of the game stopping at the loading screen using as much memory as it could get. Deleting/Renaming the gimme.dll file did nothing. What did work for me was going to www.gamecopyworld.com and using the no cd crack exe for this game.

It now runs under Win2k Pro with both my V3 and GeForce DDR. smile

If you need the file, just let me know and I'll post it elsewhere as that site seems to be down right now for some reason.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Music (edited 12 April 2000).]

I was frusterated with this problem as well. Deleting gimme.dll did nothing for me. Here is what finally worked for me..

Set the Maximum Size for the swap file to be equal to the Current Size. Don't ask me why, but the game runs great for me now. (mine are both set to 384 now)

a bit off topic, but has anyone been able to get their pictures into the game in windows2k?

i can do it in 98 but for some stupid reason it wont go in 2K

thanks

I've tried placing my .jpg or .bmp in the root and every other possibly relevant dir in the game and the license picture doesn't show up in multi or factory.

Its a small issue anyways. At least the game runs wicked in win2000. Can't say that about very many EA products.

Could anyone send me the porsche_de.zip file.. i cant find it nowhere..

Sincearly Satspy