Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Coroner

Sticky Mouse Buttons and Keys (yeah im sick of it too)

Yeah, i know its been metioned millions of times, but is there a fix?

Myself and all my mates have it we have all different hardware and different mice(logitech,ms, ms intelli explorer) and in diff keyboards (usb,ps2).

It happens in Rogue Spear where the keys and mouse buttons stick heaps

AVP GOLD(and AVP) only the mouse buttons stick

Nox (without new patch, with new patch is fine) Mouse buttons

I wouldn't need 98 if it weren't for this sticky crap.

I tried optimising for background services, making the mouse ps2 instead of usb, and upping the mouse acceleration and speed. None work

so does anyone have a fix or know if MS is making one, or if MS even gives a ****

I even tried the debug version of direct x DosFreak has, but to no avail.

This sucks

Yeah, this sucks hardball.

Let's try to get the source for Win2000 and fix it ourselves wink It prolly just a couple of lines of code that needs to be fixed anyway (**** you Microsoft! - how hard can it be!?).

How hard can it be?

Probably a lot harder than we think...23 million lines of code and all......thats a lot of code, and I'm sure they'll fix this soon...I'm getting tired of the sticky mouse/keys problem....

Believe me, a mouse driver is just about the simplest driver you can write. I wrote one once and it didnt take many lines.

Ummm if the latest patch for Nox fixed Nox....then how can this be Microsoft's fault?

I agree. I believe it is the coding in the game, and not the OS. If it was the OS, wouldn't ALL the games have sticky keys then? Maybe the games will get updated for 2000, maybe not. who knows.

Starlancer has a very bad case of sticky keys in W2K, not to mention erratic mouse movement, and the damn thing is published my Microsoft. So, hmmm, I don't know, just wanted to point that out. It's not only old games that have this problem...

By all means then, shed some light on this subject for us. What kind of system? What is your opinion?

I have AVP and it has sticky keys in 2000. I have no sticky keys in UT, Quake 3, Halflife, SOF, Quake II, Quake I, Jedi Knight, among others. Don't own Rogue Spear though.

My system specs:

Coppermine 733

Asus P3B-f

Pc133 256 meg

SBlive!

Geforce 256 DDR

Microsoft Intellimouse PS/2

Logitech ps/2 keyboard