Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Galilee

I know this isnt the please but...

Directx8: A lot of people is involved in beta testing. Before dx7 came I had had 3 betas or something, now I have seen none.

If someone know where to find this gem, I would love to hear about it.

I have a question about using beta DX versions. Does it do any good to use a new beta if you don't have drivers for your hardware that take advantage of it? I just thought that if you aren't a tester with a personal interest in development (like a programmer or something) then the new version wouldn't seem that great to use. Is this the case, or would having a hopped up DX with regular drives be an improvement for your system? Or, do you get modified drivers from the vendor for your hardware?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Using Dx8 should improve performance on any system, regardless of driver support. however the performance increase will be greater when games are written to directly support it.

CyRUS64 www.boob.co.uk

Possibly, but I think that the philosphy behind DX 8 will more than likely to introduce more features, and fix some bugs ather than optimize existing DX code which should already be by now pretty well optimised.

Games and apps have to be written to use DX8, there are NO games or anything yet, therefore there is no reason to even have dx8

Games do not have to be writen to use a new version of DirectX to see benifits. Games which are wrote for a particular version of Dx will work on that version or higher. I saw huge improvements on my games when I switched from Dx6 to Dx7.

So we should see improvements on Dx7 (or older) games even if they don't use any of the cool new APIs that the new version of Dx provides.

Not a good idea. Especially if its really buggy then you will most likely have to reformat.