Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
captain winters

star trek armada and live ware 2000 problems

hi guys

i recently installed windows 2000 and everything works great but since i have a sblive card and i have surround speakers i needed to install liveware 2000 so that i could use my surround set with it.

But when i installed it and rebooted i started the game star trek armada but now the sound is distorted and the only way i could get the sound working was by decreasing the acceleration level to basic but by doing this directsound3d and eax got disabled wich i both use a lot in games. i have tried to email creative but they don`t have any idea whatsoever so if someone knows a fix pleasy let me know < going back to win95/98 is out of the guestion bacause these osses are just a piece of crap. >

You need to turn the hardware acceleration for your sound down. Type 'dxdiag' (withoug quotes) in the run menu in windows, click on the sound tab, and move the slider down to Basic Acceleration. That sould fix it.

I have also problems with livware 2000 (No shots in UT/SoF, Wrong Music in FF8 and a low Performance in X-Wing Alliance if 3d Sound is Enabled). Uninstall the Liveware Drivers and Use the Windows basic Driver but keep your Live Ware Apps if you wish, this will help to run all Programs.

cdspaco read my message again and you will see that i already have turned down the acceleration level to basic but i want to keep it at full because otherwise i cannot use directsound3d and eax

Poldii

if i use the basic driver of windows 2000 i don`t have directsound 3d and eax and no surround to because the basic drivers don`t support this

Hey, I prefer to have no EAX or Surround Sound instead of having allmost NO Sound or Bad Performance in My Games :-)))

A couple of points:

1) I have the same problem.

2) I have also tried those suggestions, about a week ago, first changing the Directsound acceleration to basic - This produced some difference, but sound still crackles and breaks up. Also, the mission briefings at the start of each mission are practically useless to me, because of sound distortion.

Therefore, I replaced the drivers with the old basic ones, cos I don't use surround and haven't got any games installed currently that support EAX - end result, no difference for some reason, so went back to the full drivers.

So, unless someone comes up with a fix, errrr... I'm a bit disgruntled.

Laters...

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

You can re-enable accel before you play another game, just disable it before you play armada