Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
andreas_

Redhat 8 ?!?

at first my english is horrible and my keyboard`s space-key is going do be die ;o)

second

Yesterday i`ve downlaoded rh8 because i hoped to get a linux thats easy to use. Today i`ve installed it and what do i see? my soundcard(C-Media) wasnt found also one of my networkcards (3Com). Okay, 2 hours and the cpmonents was installed manually . Then i tried to find a easy to use tool to share my internet connection (like Suse/Mandrake) NOTHING! Is redhat truely de windowze killer?!

To be honest, why do you want a Windows killer? It's just an OS. If you like Windows continue and use it smile

Use everything you like. Thank God we have so much choice. I have RH 8 on my pc, I like it, but i still use Windows for some other stuff.

It would seem to me that a "Windows Killer" could be just about any OS out there, it just depends on what you are looking for and why you want to get away from Windows. For me, RH8 just did it. I will be installing it on my main box tomorrow, but keeping my servers on Win2K server at home for the time being. However, I do have the luxury of installing Win2K/XP on my secondary machine just in case I need something that I can only find in Windows (and will not work in WINE).

Well for me, a real Windows killer would be MacOSX, but i dont have the money for a new Mac box.

I use windows for games, and Macormedia/Adobe things.

Linux (redhat for anything else)

freeBSd as a server (apache, mysql and mailserver).

Good thing there is so much choice :-)

btw, i dunno whos site this is, i just want to compliment him/(her?) on it.