Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChUcKiE

Win2k / Voodoo3 2k / Star Wars Force Commander ?

im trying to play star wars force commander in windows 2000 with my voodoo3 2000... it installed correctly and plays the intro movie correctly.... it lets me select the game type and then it says loading.... after that it disappears... anyone know whats up or how to fix it ?

No idea, and you're not the first to post about problems with FoCom. Everyone I've seen who's complained, though, seems to have a Voodoo3 board, so that's probably the problem (and LucasArts had trouble supporting Voodoo boards in a previous title, Rogue Squadron). I think you'll have to wait for a patch :-(

I know you don't want to hear this, but it is the board. I had the same problem with my v3 2k.

I solved this problem by buying a geforce and now it runs great. If you got the extra cash, it may be a good idea to upgrade anyway.

I hope this helped.

Yeah..

I can only agree with this. I've seen another W2K Box with a V3 3500 AGP do the very same thing. Even with the *VERY* latest drivers, there was no way to fix it.

I haven't installed another Card, as he wasn't pleased with spending the cash...

Not good..!!

I don't think its purely limited to Voodoo cards.

I have a Creative TNT2 Ultra and either get into the game and lock up, or locks up on the loading menu, whilst under Win98 it works fine.

I just think its not designed to run under Win2k.

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

well thanx guys for the advice... but i guess the best thing for me to do right now is just wait for a patch to come out or something.. got no extra $$$ frown