Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Firon

Falcon4

Launching F4 ibeta2 patch or the original one

will bring out error message: "There is no cd

in drive" "|calcel|continue|ignore|" what ever I choose the game starts. But when the game ends it crashes back to w2k. The cd is identified in my computer.

Using W2k, CL Banshee, Toshiba sdm1212

Please help.

Should not be that kind of problem because the game cd is original.

Sometimes the Cd protection is incompatible with the OS/CD drive combination.I have a full boxed version of Rogue Spear but it will not work on my system under Win98 without a NoCD hack.Works fine under Win"K though.

Like he said... Some Copy-Protection schemes don't work with certain CD drives or Win2k. So basically it's the legit users who have to use cracks. Neat eh?

...and there is no NOCD crack available at gamecopyworld frown

Would taking a backup copy from the disk alter the copyprotection somehow (desperate) ? Any other suggestions?

There are programs that disable Safedisc (the protection F4 is using) for all games. Gamecopyworld used to host them but they took them down so you'll have to find them yourself. Look for "Generic Safedisc Patch". I did a little search myself and I found this: http://come.to/swenske. There are 3 versions there, I'd start with 4.1 since it claims to work with all games and Win2k.

Good luck!

Edit: Doh, forgot to tell you I used http://www.astalavista.com to find the site above.

[This message has been edited by Rudy (edited 22 March 2000).]

Thanks for help.

safedisk.exe did not solve my problem but I got the game working with my hp9210 burner.

You where right about that copyprotection vs OS vs cd-drive case.